Activating the pass - Journey required?

• 25 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello There!
It is my second Interrail-trip but first one with the mobile pass. 
Here is m question: 
Is it possible to activate the pass with a trip, that I didn´t actually do? 
Backround is my upcoming 28th Birthday. I am actually starting the main trip that day with my outbounding tour. To get the “cheaper” u27 ticket, i need to activate the ticket before my actual birthday, while still being 27y/o.

So i thought to just activate the pass for a random trip, just typing in a short tour from place A to B in Poland or something.
Is that possible or does the Pass need to  be scanned or something to be “really” activated?
Looking forward for your answers and ideas :) 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You have to create a trip to be able to activate your pass but the trip can still be empty, so you don't have to add any journey yet.

So that means I should create a trip, that will activate my pass. 
What do you mean with I dont have to add any journey? 
Thanks for responding :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So that means I should create a trip, that will activate my pass. 
What do you mean with I dont have to add any journey? 

• You Interrail needs to be connected to a trip.
  • The trip will contain all journeys you’ll take.
  • A journey contains one or more trains.

After activating your pass, to be able to travel, you'll need to add a journey to your trip and then to your pass. But you can do that just before boarding a train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Zopfy, if you already bought the Pass, you will need to use the first travel day when 27 otherwise you might get a fine since you would be travelling with a youth pass but are using it when you are an adult. So if you are not able to travel when you are still 27, and you already have the Pass, you can request for an exchange. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Zopfy, if you already bought the Pass, you will need to use the first travel day when 27 otherwise you might get a fine since you would be travelling with a youth pass but are using it when you are an adult. So if you are not able to travel when you are still 27, and you already have the Pass, you can request for an exchange. 

I suppose the travelling can be virtual, as long as there's a journey in the Trip :)