Solved

Adding a trip to my pass when entering the country

• 27 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi community!

We have a interrail pass for Italy and we’re entering the country from Switzerland with a direct train Zurich - Milano. When adding this as a ride in my trip I can’t add it to the pass (to activate day one) because it says “Your pass is not valid in some of these countries”.
This is obviously true, but how should I add a direct train between two countries? I have a valid ticket to the border, but from the border to Milano I would like to use an interrail day…

Any advice is most welcome!

Peter

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 27 September 2022, 18:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Assuming your ticket into Italy is for a station the train stops at, you simply start your pass journey from that station to Milan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Interrail Italy is valid from Chiasso, since the border tariff point is in that station. That means you can't enter a journey from Zurich; that will generate the error you see. If you still see that error with departure in Chiasso, then add your journey manually and put Chiasso in Italy. Also please let us know because that would be a bug in the app.

Interrail Italy is valid from Chiasso, since the border tariff point is in that station. That means you can't enter a journey from Zurich; that will generate the error you see. If you still see that error with departure in Chiasso, then add your journey manually and put Chiasso in Italy. Also please let us know because that would be a bug in the app.

Thank you, using Chiasso as departure works like a charm, thank you!