Solved

attaching pass to train ride

• 20 April 2022
  • 9 replies

Hi there, I have a global eurail 2 month pass and I have activated my ticket and used it for one train ride. However I am trying to book another train ride and I am unable to attach any of the trips to my pass? I have tried doing them as seperate trips however there is no option to attach my my pass to the trip. Please help

icon

Best answer by Marion 28 April 2022, 16:20

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Is there an error message? If so, could you please post a screenshot of the error? Or else, could you post a screenshot of where you get stuck?

Do you have an iPhone or Android?

Which app version? (Go to More, scroll to the bottom.)

Thank you so much for the reply.

this is the screen shot. It won’t let me swipe the button to the right in order to activate the pass. I have tried to delete the trip and add another one and I have tried to delete the app and get it again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you have an iPhone or Android?

Which app version? (Go to More, scroll to the bottom.)

Additionally, please go to More > Settings, scroll to the bottom and enable error logging. Then try to add your journey once again, so that hopefully some logging will be generated.

Then contact customer service and supply them with all details. Be sure to mention when you are travelling.

I've seen people mentioning this problem more often over the past few days.

I have an iPhone. 
thank you for your suggestion. I have turned on enable error login and tried again but it still hasn’t worked. What is the best way to contact the help customer service centre as I am just getting referred to Q&As and computer generated answers? Struggling. 
thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have an iPhone.

Which app version? (Go to More, scroll to the bottom.)

The latest version is 23.1.0. Do you have that installed?

What is the best way to contact the help customer service centre

Please use the link I posted above.

I just doubled checked and have the same up to date version as you. 
it just seems that I can not turn on the switch to activate my ticket. Hopefully I will get a reply asap as wanting to catch  train tomorrow morning! 
thanks for your help 

Hi there

sorry it’s me again. I just read that you have heard this happening to other people lately? I’m just trying to find forums where I could try and find some more solutions to fix this problem asap before my train

thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I don't have a fix unfortunately. That's Eurail's responsibility. Do keep an eye out for an app update. If you've contacted customer support, they'll let you know when they have a fix or workaround.

If you have a continuous pass, then you can't be accused of fare evasion in any case.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thank you so much for the reply.

this is the screen shot. It won’t let me swipe the button to the right in order to activate the pass. I have tried to delete the trip and add another one and I have tried to delete the app and get it again. 

Hi Victoria, Did you add the Edinburgh-York journey to the same "My trip” you created for your first journey? It should be the same one, your pass is linked to only one "My trip” and all individual journeys should be added there. I hope this helps. Cheers,