Solved

Benelux Pass to travel from Amsterdam to Bruges

Hi. I’m from South Africa, planning to visit Netherlands and Belgium next year in April. I want to make sure before I book:

Can I buy the Benelex pass to travel from Amsterdam to Bruges, and then make daytrips from Bruges to other cities? And then I want to travel back to Amsterdam. Then I want to travel around the Netherlands as well.

If I fill in the trip planner the Benelux pass is not one of the options I can buy, so I just want to make sure if it will work..

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Angelo 6 July 2022, 14:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey, yes sure. You can buy the Eurail Benelux Pass. 

Here the link with more Information: Benelux Pass | Eurail.com

For the journey between Amsterdam-Rotterdam and Antwerpen-Brussel use the IC direct services instead of the high speed train Thalys. 1. it does not need a reservation 2. it runs on the same line, but it is not so fast and stops more often than the Thalys. Trains run every hour. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

BUT it may not be the best buy-as NMBS=Belgian rail offers quite cheap other tickets-mostly for ju/Senior. IF you book at least 1 week advance there are also lower prices 9and not even tied toa specific train) fro any trip NL-Any place in BE (most be specified) via the Breda-Antwerpen way.

But all may change next yr-its way too early to know-we can only tell how it is now.