Solved

Booking seat reservations without a paper ticket

• 7 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello - We have a global pass and we are currently in the US. We are trying to book the 11:22am - 6:20pm trip from Prague to Budapest on November 17th in First Class but it is requiring seat reservations. We tried to book that online but apparently it is paper tickets only and we received a message telling us that we can't book this online because the paper tickets can't get to us on time. Is there any way that we can book our seat reservations now without paper tickets?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 November 2021, 13:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservations for this train can also be made on the Czech railways website. Enter "From", "To", select 1st class and set the correct no. of passengers. Then, in the overview with connections, click on "I want a reservation only” for the connection you want. The reservations will be delivered via email. They will also be much cheaper than via the Eurail reservation service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can find in this post a short manual for Ceske Drahy/Czech Rail reservations  (example is for a Nighttrain but for daytrains it´s even easier :) )

Userlevel 3
Badge

During the trip, I've noticed that the cheapest and surest way to get seats is to go to the some station in the countrya nd buy them from there. It’s old-fashioned, of course, but it’s worth it if it’s possible.

Thanks all! I went to the Czech Railways site and *I think* I properly reserved seats. We shall soon see!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks all! I went to the Czech Railways site and *I think* I properly reserved seats. We shall soon see!

You finally should get a paper with a QR Code :)

here a example for a Czech Online Reservation :) please note that on Nighttrains they must be printed