Solved

Brussels to Amsterdam seat researvation 10th April

• 18 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi there

I am trying to researve seat on any of Thalysis train from Brussel to AMsterdam on 10th April. However, I can’t seem to find any train on  https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#Outbound for that date. There are trains on 9th and then 11th but nothing on 10th.

On Eurail website, I see this. I am sure these trains are not full as on B-europe it tells you what trains are sold out for pass holders. I simply can’t see itin the list.

icon

Best answer by Hektor 22 February 2023, 07:42

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Forget Thalys, take the hourly intercity without seat reservations that day. 

Departure every hour at hh:44 in Bruxelles - Midi/Brussel-Zuid. Bit slower, but much more flexible. And a good bit of reservation money saved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

And on top Thalys has only a small amount of seats for pass holder. This is the reason because there are no seats left for pass holder.

Like Brendan says, use the hourly Intercity trains instead. 

Forget Thalys, take the hourly intercity without seat reservations that day. 

Departure every hour at hh:44 in Bruxelles - Midi/Brussel-Zuid. Bit slower, but much more flexible. And a good bit of reservation money saved. 

Thanks.

Since it is the Easter weekend, we wanted to secure some seats before hand, don’t mind paying. Plus it saves us an hour.

I have been keeping an eye on tickets everyday, but the 10th April never showed up.

Tickets on 8th April, I can see some trains show fully booked but for the 10th I can’t even seem to find any trains. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Since it is the Easter weekend, we wanted to secure some seats before hand, don’t mind paying. Plus it saves us an hour.

I have been keeping an eye on tickets everyday, but the 10th April never showed up.

There are no pass holder seats anymore. Availability around Easter currently looks like this:

So just take the intercity train. When you board in Brussels, that shouldn't be a problem.

There are no pass holder seats anymore. Availability around Easter currently looks like this:

So just take the intercity train. When you board in Brussels, that shouldn't be a problem.

Yes but that's only one train on the 8th. I can't seem to find any train on the 10th since the release. They are about 60 days in advance and I have been checking every single day.

Yes but that's only one train on the 8th. I can't seem to find any train on the 10th since the release. They are about 60 days in advance and I have been checking every single day.

There is track maintenance on April 10th. Thalys trains with free passholder seats are just running to Schiphol Airport, not to Amsterdam Centraal that day. You may find the trains by just choosing Bruxelles Midi to Schiphol. Three of them have still passholder seats left. But then you'd need to go from the airport to the city. Don't know if this makes sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thalys can normally be booked 4 months in advance.

There is track maintenance on April 10th. Thalys trains with free passholder seats are just running to Schiphol Airport, not to Amsterdam Centraal that day. You may find the trains by just choosing Bruxelles Midi to Schiphol. Three of them have still passholder seats left.

Ha, didn't think of that, thanks. Though the question remains what will happen with domestic trains. It's not a given that they will run between Schiphol and Amsterdam.

There is track maintenance on April 10th. Thalys trains with free passholder seats are just running to Schiphol Airport, not to Amsterdam Centraal that day. You may find the trains by just choosing Bruxelles Midi to Schiphol. Three of them have still passholder seats left. But then you'd need to go from the airport to the city. Don't know if this makes sense.

Now that makes a lot more sense. Thanks heaps. I guess will have to get the EC then. Thanks