Solved

Can I add a trip during a travel day?

• 9 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to add all trips that I want during an already created travel day?

Example: I went from Pisa to Florence using a travel day, and during that same day I want to go from Florence to Rome, but I don’t have this trip saved in my Pass yet. Can I add this trip just before entering the train, or do I need to add this trip sooner?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 9 July 2022, 16:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can, and should, always add the journey to your pass just before boarding the train.

If you are not travelling yet you should not have any journeys connected to your pass and your pass should not even be active.

If you travel right now, the only journeys connected to your pass should be those for today and previous days.

Please read the advice from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both activation of pass and travel days. 

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

I am on the journey right now but it's not on the trip so today's travel day has not been activated 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I am on the journey right now but it's not on the trip so today's travel day has not been activated 

Not sure what you are trying to say but:

It is required that you add EVERY train you take to your pass and activate them, failure to do so is travelling without a ticket and may result in penalty or fine.

If your planner cannot display a train then you should add it manually.

Thank you for your reply, however the whole process is baffling and I only managed it by randomly trying things, getting more and more upset. I will not be using interrail, eurail or whatever you also call it again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you for your reply, however the whole process is baffling and I only managed it by randomly trying things

Did you look at the basics?

This page is also very informative:

https://www.seat61.com/how-to-use-an-interrail-pass.htm

If you don't like the app, there is also the paper pass. But you can't switch if you have started using it.