Solved

Can we get the paper Pass number of our Pass before it is delivered by mail?

• 3 March 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi there,

We just bought a global pass and would like to proceed to some reservation. These reservation canot be made with the eurail website (night trains). To make the reservation on the website of the companies we need the number of our pass.

Do anybody knows how to get these number without waiting the shipment of the pass ?

Thanks a million !
Samuel

icon

Best answer by seewulf 3 March 2022, 19:11

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi there,

We just bought a global pass and would like to proceed to some reservation. These reservation canot be made with the eurail website (night trains). To make the reservation on the website of the companies we need the number of our pass.

Do anybody knows how to get these number without waiting the shipment of the pass ?

Thanks a million !
Samuel

You have to wait forthe pass 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We just bought a global pass and would like to proceed to some reservation. These reservation canot be made with the eurail website (night trains).

You could also try a Swiss ticket office, where you could also have bought the paper pass…

Is the paper pass available now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Be more specific. It IS available as such, but ordered via this site will cost additional shipping etc. Depending on your own country-many of the continental railways still sell it just at the spot at their INTern. outlets-and this month with the 10% discount too. For paper pass you MUST state first/last dates and have ID ready

I live in the U.S., just wanted a 22 day eurail global pass, first class, I thought once I received it in the mail, it would activate at the first station I use it, probably Munich....I thought I had a year to use it in case my plans changed

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As far as I know, it doesn't work that way anymore. You can either choose for a paper pass, which is sent via the mail (or which you can buy at selected locations in Europe) but then you already have to specify the first day of validity. Or you choose a mobile pass, and then you have until 11 months after purchase to activate it.

Thanks, so I can purchase a Eurail Global paper pass in a big city such as Munich when I land?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks, so I can purchase a Eurail Global paper pass in a big city such as Munich when I land?

In Germany, Eurail passes can be bought at these stations (from DB's t&c):

Berlin Hbf, Berlin Flughafen BER, Dresden Hbf, Düsseldorf Hbf, Frankfurt(M) Hbf, Frankfurt (M) Flughafen, Hamburg Hbf, Hannover Hbf, Heidelberg Hbf, Köln Hbf, Leipzig Hbf, München Hbf, München Flughafen, Stuttgart Hbf.

I suspect Eurail can also be bought at many of the other Eurail aid offices:

https://www.eurail.com/en/get-inspired/trains-europe/useful-train-information/eurail-aid-offices