Solved

Change of Residence

I have bought the 50 anniversary Interrail ticket 3 weeks ago, But I filled in my residence wrongly and didn’t realise it until today, please help me to reach the customer service because ı arranged my reservations and ı should start start my travel tomorrow, I have submitted my request, I worry so much now, anybody can help me to flag my request? thank you so much! 
@Magdalena Could you flag my issue to support please ?

icon

Best answer by Felipe.iturrieta 7 June 2022, 15:13

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you contact Customer Support trough this form and did you clearly write that you will start travelling tomorrow?

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

•  

I filled and sent the form and said that I want to change my residence urgently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Marion Immediate help needed here.

Hi i’m his travelling friend and I have the same problem, we were supposed to travel today. Can someone help us it’s urgent. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi i’m his travelling friend and I have the same problem, we were supposed to travel today. Can someone help us it’s urgent. :(

Have you already contacted customer service? They have to do it. Clearly state that you want to start travelling today. It is not enough to say that it's urgent, since people have very different opinions about what's urgent.

Have you already contacted customer service? They have to do it. Clearly state that you want to start travelling today. It is not enough to say that it's urgent, since people have very different opinions about what's urgent.

Thanks for you reply yes I already contacted them and I’m waiting. :)

Our problem is still not resolved, if we don't start the journey today, our reservations will be cancelled. Can someone help us urgently ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Felipe.iturrieta @Leo could you assist?

The problem still persists, no response…

I guess I will not be able to use the ticket, I can't get any response and can’t be reached customer support

Up..

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello Fatih,

I am very sorry to learn of this mistake! Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to change the country of residence in the Pass (it's the most essential part of the electronic Pass rules structure). If you don't intend to travel within Germany, you should have no problems. As you may know, one is allowed to travel twice in one's own country of residence (the outbound and the inbound trips) once to leave and once to enter the country. If you intend to travel multiple times through Germany, and twice or less within Turkey, you would need to buy a new Pass. Alas, the promotional Pass you hold cannot be exchanged or refunded. Our apologies for the delay in getting back to you - we've been overwhelmed with requests in the past few weeks. Regards, -F-

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I am very sorry to learn of this mistake! Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to change the country of residence in the Pass (it's the most essential part of the electronic Pass rules structure).

@Felipe.iturrieta If that's that case, you can reduce the number of requests considerably by mentioning this clearly e.g. in the FAQ and on the Refunds and exchanges page (or mention there that doing an exchange is the only possibility - if that's correct).

Hello Fatih,

I am very sorry to learn of this mistake! Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to change the country of residence in the Pass (it's the most essential part of the electronic Pass rules structure). If you don't intend to travel within Germany, you should have no problems. As you may know, one is allowed to travel twice in one's own country of residence (the outbound and the inbound trips) once to leave and once to enter the country. If you intend to travel multiple times through Germany, and twice or less within Turkey, you would need to buy a new Pass. Alas, the promotional Pass you hold cannot be exchanged or refunded. Our apologies for the delay in getting back to you - we've been overwhelmed with requests in the past few weeks. Regards, -F-

I don’t understand how it can not be possible to change residence. As you can see in the link I posted below, many people's problems have been solved before ; 

I haven't used and activated my ticket yet. 
Of course ı will travel within germany too, ı bought 3 month unlimited interrail ticket. Most of my reservations have already been canceled please fix this problem as soon as possible