Solved

Change passes to have more travel days

Hello. I haven't activated my pass yet. Is it possible to change to a different one? Or I must buy a new one and ask for a refund? The information is not clear to me. I just need to know if it's possible to just change. At this point it's not about the money, it's simply about having more time between travel days.

I already emailed costumer support but usually how long does it take to get a reply? I wrote I'd be starting this weekend so hopefully I'll get it solved by then.

Thank you to whoever replies. I'm new at this, it's my first time.

Ana

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 5 July 2022, 18:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Support is far too busy to answer mails. Plus that its very easy-use goole:

interrail: exchange/refund of passes and it all shows up-depends on what type of pass you have bought, Should also be in the confirmation mail you got after buying

I have bought the 1 month pass and I wish to change it for the 15 days within 2 months. I don't wish for a refund or to get the money difference back, I just wish more time between travel days. I'm clearly new at this and made a bad decision.

I understand costumer support might be overwhelmed at this time with so many people traveling. But I don't know what to do. The information is not clear.

I can deactivate my pass but that will lead me to a refund and new purchase right? At this time I'm not able to do that nor can I wait for the refund of the first pass.

Thank you for the reply. Ana

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here is information about exchanges and refunds.The information is very clear. You must buy the new pass first and then ask for an exchange where you get the price for the first pass less 15 EUR back. This only works if the conditions for your pass allows.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy

As the information is available on the website I doubt that you will get a quick reply from Customer Support. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Check the documentation you received with your order and be aware if your pass was part of a sale or promotion (such as the half price sale in May of this year) it may not allow any refunds or exchanges.

I haven't heard from costumer service yet. I think I'll just go with this one and make the most out of it. I don't think things will get solved that easily from what I've seen in other topics. Might as well keep it simple and make a better choice next time.

Thank you all for your help. 

Ana