Solved

contact customer service

• 14 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Does anybody know how I can contact customer service?  I got a new phone one day before travel and so attempted to contact interrail to get my pass switched to my new device. They took 2 days to respond to me (which was ridiculous given my entire trip was only 4 days and needed my pass immediately) and still did not give a clear answer of how to do so.   Thankfully I had a screenshot of my pass and planned journeys which got me through the first few days of my trip. However, I was charged €86 by Trenitalia on one of my journeys due to them not accepting the screenshot of my pass, email confirmation and seat reservation I had already booked- as a result of me not having my pass on my new phone as interrail had failed to help me. This journey should have been included on my pass and I had paid for a seat reservation. I strongly believe this is interrails fault for the lack of communication meaning I could not add my mobile pass to my new device. Is there any way I can contact interrail about this and get a refund for the ticket which I shouldn’t have had to buy?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 23 September 2022, 13:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

customer services:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new?

The only way to put a pass on new phone is for CS to disable it’s connection from your previous phone. Once that is done you can set it up exactly the same way as on the original.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Also, you need to give your pass number and say that you are currently travelling (or will be travelling the next day) if it's so urgent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you tell Customer Service that you need to add your pass to a new device, give your pass number and also say that you are currently travelling, then they normally fix this in a few hours.

Does anybody know how I can contact customer service?  I got a new phone one day before travel and so attempted to contact interrail to get my pass switched to my new device. They took 2 days to respond to me (which was ridiculous given my entire trip was only 4 days and needed my pass immediately) and still did not give a clear answer of how to do so.   Thankfully I had a screenshot of my pass and planned journeys which got me through the first few days of my trip. However, I was charged €86 by Trenitalia on one of my journeys due to them not accepting the screenshot of my pass, email confirmation and seat reservation I had already booked- as a result of me not having my pass on my new phone as interrail had failed to help me. This journey should have been included on my pass and I had paid for a seat reservation. I strongly believe this is interrails fault for the lack of communication meaning I could not add my mobile pass to my new device. Is there any way I can contact interrail about this and get a refund for the ticket which I shouldn’t have had to buy?

Hello! I am sorry to read this. As my colleague explained, there was no previous inquiry under this email address to change the pass to a new device, only to change the traveller on the pass, which is not possible:

Sep 11 21:14 "One of the passengers is now unable to attend the trip so please can I change the details of this passenger to someone else who is coming instead".

I see this inquiry dates back to the 11th, where we could have also changed the pass to a new device if you wished.