Solved

cover number for mobile pass

Hi, my girlfriend and I are looking to book some French and Italian trains which require a cover number, but we both have mobile passes. I’ve gathered this is a v common problem, so was hoping somebody would be able to sort us out with some cover numbers asap so that these trains don’t get all booked up!

(i will happily provide both mine and my girlfriend’s reference number via pm)

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by carllll 18 July 2022, 12:50

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi, my girlfriend and I are looking to book some French and Italian trains which require a cover number, but we both have mobile passes. I’ve gathered this is a v common problem, so was hoping somebody would be able to sort us out with some cover numbers asap so that these trains don’t get all booked up!

(i will happily provide both mine and my girlfriend’s reference number via pm)

Thanks!

Search by topic : How to get reservations, by Seewulf.

Everything is nicely explained.

For domestic trains in Italy, you can visit the OEBB website. Very simple, and without additional costs.

For France you can call SNCF , or call B EUROPE

Thanks! I still need a cover number for French reservations though. Promise I’ve looked at this for hours on end - it’s also what it says on the link you posted. It seems like such a common problem to me - don’t really understand why mobile passes don’t just get given a cover number in the first place

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thanks! I still need a cover number for French reservations though. Promise I’ve looked at this for hours on end - it’s also what it says on the link you posted. It seems like such a common problem to me - don’t really understand why mobile passes don’t just get given a cover number in the first place

How ? Where do you get that information that you need a pass cover number if you want to book by phone?

In my experience this is really not necessary!

I’m not especially keen on spending extra money on an international call if I then have to also have to pay a booking fee - seems like if I had a cover number I wouldn’t have to pay as much

(thanks for suggesting the phone though, if I can’t get a cover number I think I’ll have to use that, it just seems strange that in that situation those with a mobile pass would need to pay more for a reservation than those with a paper pass)

@Nanja it seems like you might be the person to go to for a cover number?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I’m not especially keen on spending extra money on an international call if I then have to also have to pay a booking fee - seems like if I had a cover number I wouldn’t have to pay as much

There is no booking fee via SNCF. Only the cost of an international phone call.

If you want to book it online via B EUROPE, there are automatically 4 euros booking costs per order.The choice is yours.

Thanks for the clarification!

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

You can also book via Interrail, but then you have to pay 2 euros per train!

Hi @calbaker42,

I sent you a private message :)  

Hi could a member of staff help me with my pass cover number please as I am needing to book with travel b europe and the availability is quickly selling out. Thank you. 

You can generate a mobile pass cover number here without having to contact customer service:

https://www.eurail.com/en/book-reservations#/generatePassCoverNumber?utm_source=chatbot&utm_campaign=pcn
You can access this by using the chat bot on the help page by typing pass cover number.