Solved

Credit Card Error

Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 15 replies

I’ve finally made my itinerary and ready to book and start travel on Tuesday but well several things:

1. The colors are hard to see on iPhone
  2. Chat program (on iPhone) hides the “X” to close it out because it covers almost the entire screen and you just can’t log out
  3. Some links do not work like I mentioned here:
  4. And lastly, the form to purchase has issues as I am not able to buy a pass.

What gives people?

Here is the error I get when I try to purchase a pass:

can you imagine what other heads I may encounter while I travel gosh kind of scary and getting high Anxiety over all, gosh oh and did I mentioned that I just finished planning my itinerary?

oh and I went to Frankfurt main train station and the DB office (service center) offer 
“zero” “0” support for eurail.com. Even though the links (https://www.bahn.com/en/offers/passes/eurail-pass) from DB itself sends you to eurail.com (funny right)?

icon

Best answer by seewulf 6 March 2022, 21:11

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

oh and I went to Frankfurt main train station and the DB office (service center) offer 
“zero” “0” support for eurail.com. Even though the links (https://www.bahn.com/en/offers/passes/eurail-pass) from DB itself sends you to eurail.com (funny right)?

If you still haven’t bought your pass, you can also buy it from the DB ticket office. You'll get the paper version but validity stays the same.

DB doesn’t offer support for eurail.com but they can surely sell a paper pass within minutes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Unbelievable, the DB ticket office should well be able to book these trains:

• Frankfurt - Berlin: reservation optional, seats still available via DB.
  • Berlin - Ostrava: reservation mandatory, seats or couchette still available via ÖBB (and DB CAN book at the ticket office)
  • Ostrava - Krakow: reservation mandatory, seats still available via Czech railways or at the station in Ostrava. But DB can also do this.
  • Krakow - Prague: the 23:59 train cannot be found but there's a night train leaving at 22:57 and arriving at 7:55, which is in the DB timetable. Seats and sleepers still available; can be booked via Czech railways but DB can also do this.
  • Prague - Dresden - Frankfurt: reservation optional, seats still available via DB.
Badge

Well I’ve got to eat crow now (taste awful)!!!

1. I happen to glance at my credit card account and it had denied suspicions activity, once cleared (approved) the next attempt at the transaction worked.
    1. So this is only for number 4 above though,
    2. Still scared especially due to the issues down east ward!
  2. It would behoove developers to say something to the effect that of the credit card was not accepted\declined vs. just “Sorry”, a very ambiguous message.
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The DB Reisezentrum “Ticketoffice” give only support for already holed EurailPasses or if you wanna buy one with them (directly at the trainstation). They have nothing to do with Eurail.com as this is a own company and DB is like a reseller of the Passes :) 

For fast Customerservice replies use Facebook or use this Service form as you get there contact with real Customer Service. (Here in this community are just few supervisors that overwatch the activity here in this community from the Social Media Team)

Nothing to be scared of :) 
They life goes more or less as usual 🙂 I´ve been in Poland just  10kilometers from the Border of Ukraine/Belarus and yes there were refugees but they get help and traveleven further across Europe for the normal Citizen the life goes on. I felt very safe. Ofcourse you see more Military yet in the east as before as all are on alert but for me it looks like a restart of the “Cold War” 😕 All an alert and on reconnaissance. 

Badge

seewulf@

First and foremost I want to thank you for responding super quick (thank you) :slight_smile:  and thank you for the conforming words, this helps tremendously, it calms down my nerves :)

on a separate note: haha here is how that “form” support responded (I would imagine that it is a normal “automated” response), it clearly wouldn’t help when and if I was to be stranded somewhere and I would have to wait 2 “days” for someone to respond for support.

Anyways I am now using the app to plan my trip and hope hope hope all goes well to include my seat reservations.

seewulf@ I hope you are online often so that I can ask for help if and when I get stuck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thats why i suggested Facebook or Twitter there they answer pretty fast and via the service form it usually takes  even just a couple of hours.When you are really stucked and already have an pass you can go to the Eurail Aid offices mentioned on the website :) (But the service depends from Person to person as not all are 100% familar with Eurail/Interrail just for Germany they have to learn more than 400 different ticket offers across Europe.  nobody can know these all thats why the ServiceStaff have a huge complicated “Bible” but its dificult to navigate. 

Due my grouptrips and my own interest i got used to Eurail and Interrail step by step. 

Badge

seewulf@

yeah I don’t use Social Media (no Facebook, Instragram, Twitter, etc).. I know, I know, I know. I am just private.

rvdborgt@

I was at the DB station in Frankfurt and they said they couldn’t sale me a global pass because that is only  if you live in EU. so I had to buy a global pass from eurail.com

Completed:
1. Bought eurail global pass (5 days)
2. Add Pass Reference Code to iPhone
3.​​​ My Trip data is complete on iPhone

Not Completed (problem urgh):
4. Seat reservation required
4.a. I can not reserve via eurail.com
4.b. eurail sends me to https://www.cd.cz/en/default.htm (trip does not show up and when I call they say they can’t sale me a reservation) haha they told me to go to DB

Is there someone that can help me make the seat reservations?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

rvdborgt@

I was at the DB station in Frankfurt and they said they couldn’t sale me a global pass because that is only  if you live in EU. so I had to buy a global pass from eurail.com

Hm, well, DB themselves say in their term and conditions that their Eurail Aid office in Frankfurt Hbf (and a number of other big stations) sells Eurail passes… so they should have been able to direct you there. Eurail say it’s supposed to be in the Reisezentrum, which of course is where you were.

Not Completed (problem urgh):
4. Seat reservation required
4.a. I can not reserve via eurail.com
4.b. eurail sends me to https://www.cd.cz/en/default.htm (trip does not show up and when I call they say they can’t sale me a reservation) haha they told me to go to DB

Is there someone that can help me make the sear reservations?

Probably but please post details of which trains exactly you need reservations for: origin, destination, date, departure time.

Badge

Badge

Badge

I hope that info can help you help me on making the seat reservation, please.

the trip is:

tuesday

From Frankfurt main train station

to Berlin main train station

Tuesday evening

from Berlin main  train station

to krakow main train station

wednesday Evening

from krakow main train station

to Prague main train station 

satrurday morning

prague main station 

to Frankfurt main station 

Badge

Two tour guide will help me, one in Berlin and one in krakow

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

THESE REServations can be done at ANY staffed DB-counter, just tell them you have a pass already. F-B is not mandatory, just like about any train IN Germany, you could also do it yourself by clicking ´nur reservation´ on the bahn.de site. Cost 4€. But Fri_eves is busy travel time, so it may save you from having to stand. ALL seats in DB-ICE/IC trains have some small screen telling from where to where that seat is REServed-that is, if the web is working.

On the subject of DB selling paper passes-there was a question about this just a day-or2-ago on community.bahn.de:

InterRail can be sold on the spot at any counter, also the various private agencies that are often in smaller stations. However, in small offices sometimes the supply of the separate covers may be exhausted. They also give the 10% discount this month.

EU-rail is ONLY sold at a few major stations, mostly the big airport ones, for obvious logical reasons. But FRA-HBF and als MUC-HBF were certainly also among these. I remember that some of the counters even had the special EU-rail/Aid symbol above them.

Badge

ok How Do I go About getting refund for Global Pass?????

There was no way to reserve seats here at Frankfurt hbf, period!

im so upset with this experience!

the trains that I had posted\reserved, we’re not in the DB database\program.

I will use the “form” to request for global pass refund!

so much stressssssss for absolutely nothing!

I only hope I do not get issues while I request my global pass refund!

Badge

Well I’ve requested a refund using this form link (https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new), I do hope that I don’t get any push back!