Customer Service - the worst I have ever experienced

• 13 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Does anyone else feel that the Interrail Customer Service is the worst ever?

I contacted them on 10th July asking if I could extend our Interrail passes as I was still awaiting my new passport. I got an automated response saying they were busy.

I contacted them again on 19th July and again got an automated response.

I then contacted them on 29th July via the website query page and again got an automated response.

Since my passport had still not arrived and I had heard nothing from Interrail customer service I had no choice but to request a refund on my passes which was processed very promptly through an automated system however it cost me £230 in fees and bank charges.

Then, last Thursday I got an email asking me to respond about how I felt about their customer service in response to my query.

Today, when I clicked on the link to respond to their survey, I got a web page letting me know that the request had now closed which meant the ticket could no longer be rated.

I feel that the “customer service” is the worst I have ever experienced and there is no means of contacting them either by phone, email or their website to get access to anyone who can help.

We were considering buying new Interrail tickets next year however this whole experience has put me off entirely.

1 reply

I am also really angry about the service. No reply for weeks because of reservations that have not arrived. Then a reply when it is too
late and with wrong information. And I suppose I will only get part of my money back, even though the mistakes clearly happened at Eurail and I had to make new reservations. I think the whole thing has a system, unfortunately.