Solved

Difference global pass and continuous pass?

Does anyone know the difference between a global pass and a continuous pass?

I wanted to purchase a global pass for the summier because I will be travelling over 28 days and visit more than 5 countries. A global pass for 1 month will cost me 893 euro. 
Cause of the 50th anniversary of interrail there is now a flash sale (50% off) for a continuous pass (?).

The conditions for the continuous pass look the same as for a global pass (travel unlimited for 1 month through 33 countries). But why the difference in name than? 

Thanks for the help! 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 6 May 2022, 16:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A global pass is a pass for all 33 countries where you have one outbound travel day and one inbound travel day in your country of residence. 

There are also one country passes that are valid in one single country.

Both types of passes can be either continous, e g. valid for a certain number of days in a row, or flexi passes where you can select which days within a given period that are travel days.

From what I can tell, you’re describing the same pass: the global continuous pass. Their reason for emphasising the “continuous” part for the flash sale is probably that these passes are the only ones included. 

If you were already planning to get the global continuous 1 month pass, this is a great opportunity to save some money :-)

Thank you! I was planning to get the global pass for this summer so this is great!!