Solved

Do I buy one or two passes?

• 4 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello, I am traveling at the end of September to France, the Netherlands, Denmark, and Sweden. I will spend the most time traveling between several destinations within France, particularly Paris, Reims, and Strasbourg. Does that mean I need to buy a separate pass for France AND another one for multiple travel days between different countries?

icon

Best answer by Angelo 4 August 2022, 20:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

A Global pass covering all the journeys you want will be cheaper than any combination.

You may also want to price up buying the trips you want separately, bearing in mind that passholder  reservations for high speed trains in France are €10 or €20 per journey and international high speed trains to/from France are even higher.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No the best thing is to buy a Eurail Global Pass valid in 33 countries in Europe. 

Note that some trains need a compulsory reservation, to pay extra. 

No the best thing is to buy a Eurail Global Pass valid in 33 countries in Europe. 

Note that some trains need a compulsory reservation, to pay extra. 

When you’re making reservations, do you go on each rail’s website to do that? Or do you make reservations through Eurorail’s own website?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

it depends, from country to country and train to train. 

Via Eurail.com you pay additionally a booking fee. 

here some tipps where to book

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Smarter people know ways to avoid those pesky RES (sometimes-but FR is a noted worse one for that) by simply using local/regional trains=slower, more stops, for free=they do not even have any RES seats-just like the Jersey commuter or CalTrain.