Solved

Do you have to plan everything in advance and can someone start in another country then ones country of residence?

• 30 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello, I am considering using a Global Pass for traveling. I have two questions where I have difficulty finding answers to. 

1. Do you need to create a complete trip with dates before you can start or can you just plan your trip for the first day and plan while you are traveling. 
  2. One of the people that will travel with us is not a residence in our start country. Will that person be able to start with us and will the card work the same for all of us if we arrive to the country where that person lives ?
icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 30 January 2022, 22:20

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. No, you don't have to plan anything if you don't want to. Just fill in the travel diary (paper pass) or add your train/journey to your trip and your pass (mobile) before you board a train.
  2. You can start anywhere you want and that doesn't have to be in your country of residence. Just keep in mind that in your country of residence, you can use Interrail on a maximum of 2 of your travel days.