Solved

Does crossing your homecountry count as an an inbound or outbound trip ?

• 25 July 2022
  • 3 replies

I live in Germany and along my journey I want to travel from Warsaw to Amsterdam.

This journey will be trough Germany my homecountry, so I will enter and exit Germany in one travel day. Would that count as either an inbound or an outbound trip or both ? 

If it counts as an inbound and outbound trip at the same time could I just travel close to the Dutch border with interrail, buy a separate ticket to the nearest city in the Netherlands on the other side of the border and travel the rest of the trip to Amsterdam with Interrail again ?

if you have any other ideas/ tips/ tricks that would be great 

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 29 August 2022, 09:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Mobile pass: you have 2 days to ALso=auch use in homecountry. So that means a quick ride through.

Paper: this is a bit tricky as indeed then you might be asked to use both the 2 fields for IN and OUT-as its pure logical.

But I guess you very well know about this 9€ for the month little wonder-that will take a little longer though. In fact-I´ve done it that way early june, start 6.xx fra Fr/oder. IF the need arises-it is valid till Hengelo in NL on eurobahn from Bielefeld-Osnabrück-Rheine. However there is now SEV due to works betw. OS and RH. the direct EC B-Ams are rerouted and change in Münster.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Any travel within your home country, even if that means only passing through will be counted towards your in/outbound days. If you need to travel in/through your country of residence on any days outside of the in/outbound days, then you can do so by purchasing another travel product such as the €9 ticket from DB or any full fare ticket. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Any travel within your home country, even if that means only passing through will be counted towards your in/outbound days. If you need to travel in/through your country of residence on any days outside of the in/outbound days, then you can do so by purchasing another travel product such as the €9 ticket from DB or any full fare ticket. 

@Claudi. The 9 EUR ticket is only valid until the day after tomorrow.