Solved

Does Interrail globa pass work for Uk trains?

• 6 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Does my Interrail global pass work for regional trains in the UK? So when im back from interrailing, would i be able to use my global pass for trains for Avanti, Cross country trains ect.

I saw on this site you can but wasnt sure if that was global pass or just the Great Britain pass. https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/tips-and-tricks/trains-europe/trains-country/trains-great-britain

icon

Best answer by Al_G 6 October 2022, 17:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes, Interrail is valid in UK.

However  you are only allowed use 2 days out of the validity of any global pass for use in your home country. They are referred to as inbound/outbound journeys/days.

These are provided to allow travel to and from points of entry (international trains, ports, airports) for your interrail journey but there is no requirement to take them at any particular point in your pass validity.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Bear in mind that a travel day covers you for unlimited trains scheduled to leave between 0000 and 2359 CET which is 1 hour ahead of the UK. You do not need another travel day if the last train you board before 2359 runs into the next day, but once you leave that train any connecting train will create a new travel day.