Solved

Eurail for youth

• 17 March 2023
  • 5 replies

We are traveling to some countries next May and June. We plan to buy Eurail global pass. My son is 27 years old and 16 days  on the first day of traveling. I am wondering if he can use Eurail global pass for youth? 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 17 March 2023, 07:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As long as he is under 28 years of age when the validity of the pass starts he can travel with a  Eurail youth pass.

My son is 16 years Old. He Will travél alone. Can he buy and travel the global pass ticket? Need he something More?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm not aware of any train companies that would restrict a 16 year old from traveling alone. You may want to check ahead for any border issues he might face.

There is no problem buying a Youth pass alone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

My son is 16 years Old. He Will travél alone. Can he buy and travel the global pass ticket? Need he something More?

I guess travel or crossing borders won’t be a problem, but finding accomodation might be.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You must check with all countries that your son will be travelling to, what the requirements are for minors travelling without a guardian. He might need a letter of consent from you as guardians.

Will he be travelling all alone or with someone else? 

As @BrendanDB says, the biggest problem will most likely be to find accommodation that allows him to stay, this unless he travels with a person who is 18 or older.