Skip to main content

Hello experts,

I will be using Eurail global pass soon and I am a bit confused on few points,

1. Pass Activation: Once I activate a pass, does it continue into the next day or I have to manually activate/deactivate the pass for any given day? I have a 5 day pass and cannot afford to waste any day due to my mistake with the pass activation.

2. Journey Coverage: Will my day pass cover the journey from Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen, Grutschalp, Murren, and back?

3. Additional Stops: Can I also include Wildersel and Wengen in my journey using the same pass?

4. Single-Day Itinerary: Is it possible to visit all the places mentioned in points 2 and 3 in a single day? How should I plan the itinerary? Has anyone else attempted a similar itinerary that they can share?

Thanks as always for your valuable insights.

1. When you activate your pass, you choose the start day of the monthly validity period. It’s not the same as a travel day. Best is to activate your pass, just before using your first travel day of course.
  2. Yes, this is recently included in Interrail/Eurail. Check the detailed map you need to download on this page: https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/tips-and-tricks/trains-europe/trains-country/trains-switzerland (not the simplified green map on the website)
  3. Of course, you can take as many trains as you like with the pass, as long as they are included and registered.
  4. Yes. Plan via www.sbb.ch/en

@aziz.baig24 

You have currently a bug in the Rail Planner, it is not possible to add a journey Lauterbrunnen - Wengen because the train continues to Kleine Scheidegg and the pass is no more valid after Wengen. You can add this journey manually.