Solved

Eurail Spain Pass but it seems I can't use them to reserve trains

• 24 August 2022
  • 4 replies

I am really confused regarding the Eurail Spain Pass.

I spent $800 on two adult first-class 8-day Eurail Spain Passes, but it seems that I can't use them to reserve train rides and seats, and there's no way to redeem the passes on train websites (such as Renfe), then what is the point of spending money on the passes? How do I even use then? I thought by having the Eurail passes I can save on train fare.  Is the only way to redeem my Eurail passes is by going to a major train station when I arrive in Spain?  I will arrive in Madrid on September 3.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 24 August 2022, 19:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What do you mean by "redeem your pass"?

Have you bought mobile passes or paper passes? 

I bought Mobile passes.  When I look up train rides on Renfe, it seems that I have to pay for the tickets again. There’s not a feature for me to put in my Pass number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think this has already been discussed here:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I bought Mobile passes.  When I look up train rides on Renfe, it seems that I have to pay for the tickets again. There’s not a feature for me to put in my Pass number.

We have told you several times that you cannot make the seat reservations for the Spanish train online. It is NOT possible at RENFE or anywhere else.

You can either make the reservation at a Spanish station when you arrive in Spain or call RENFE 72 hours before you can pick up the reservations in Spain.