Solved

Eurostar/ cross channel ferries also counted as outbound and inbound?

I live in Sandy Bedfordshire.

On my 1st day’s journey, I intend to travel from Sandy to London St. Pancras International by Thameslink.  Then on to Amsterdam on the Eurostar.

I will also be making my return journey via Eurostar but from Paris upon my final day’s travel.

My question is, while I appreciate that the Thameslink portion of these journeys count as outbound and inbound domestic journeys and are limited to one each way where the Interrail pass is concerned.  Are the Eurostar Journeys also counted in the outbound and inbound journeys.

The Eurostar journeys start from St Pancras which is in the UK, but as you effectively have to cross the UK border in order to board the train, is this counted as a European journey that begins and ends outside the UK, and therefore not included in the outbound or inbound restrictions and as such, not limited to one journey in each direction?

My question also includes the cross channel ferry service from Harwich to Hool of Holland

icon

Best answer by seewulf 21 May 2022, 20:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The travel with Eurostar is included in the outbound and inbound journey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@John C Blain 

Aslong you travel on the sameday with Thameslink & Eurostar it´s all fine because you can travel on your outbound journey with as many trains you want or need to leave the country :) Even if you go through the french immigration control already in London St. Pancras (the tarif border between France (SNCF) and UK is still the channel tunnel.

The Ferry from Netherlands Hoek van Holland to Harwhich offered a discount for Interrailer and Eurailer and the discount code is still in function (but the information pass for this discount is not online anymore looks like the contract between Eurail and Stena Line is not extended) As the ferry was “just” discounted you didn´t need any travelday and would start your inbound journey with your train from Harwhich home.