Solved

Ferries between Greece and Italy; free or pay taxes

Hi,

I am sorry to disturb, I’ve seen several different versions,

Indeed, On the Interrail website, I’ve seen that there is a discount on the ferry journey between Italy and greece (Barri and Corfou),

And I’ve also seen that it’s totally free (on the ferry company website (superfast ferries))

Finally, I’ve seen that the seat is free, but we have to pay taxes,

If it’s free, how to do it ? I’ve tried on the website, and at the end, if I put ‘null’, it’s free, but I don’t know what this means,

Also, I am 24, and I can’t select the “Interrail Global Pass 2nd cl”,as a discount. I need to put that I am an adult.

I hope you’ll help me,

Tank you very much

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 28 April 2022, 23:04

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Superfast is a bit strange.

For Bari - Corfu as a deck passenger, I see the following:

• A normal passenger pays 68€ (52 base fare + 16 fuel surcharge).
  • A youth passenger gets 20% discount on the base fare and pays 57.60 (41.60 + 16 fuel surcharge). That looks correct.
  • A passenger with a global pass is supposed to get 100% discount on the base fare and pays… 38€ (0 + 16 fuel surcharge + 22 "taxes and fees”). That's not "free” to me - that's just a discount.

It looks like the youth discount cannot be combined with the global pass discount.

I'm not sure what you mean by "at the end, if I put ‘null’” - where do you enter what? Is it in a text field?

Superfast is a bit strange.

For Bari - Corfu as a deck passenger, I see the following:

• A normal passenger pays 68€ (52 base fare + 16 fuel surcharge).
  • A youth passenger gets 20% discount on the base fare and pays 57.60 (41.60 + 16 fuel surcharge). That looks correct.
  • A passenger with a global pass is supposed to get 100% discount on the base fare and pays… 38€ (0 + 16 fuel surcharge + 22 "taxes and fees”). That's not "free” to me - that's just a discount.

It looks like the youth discount cannot be combined with the global pass discount.

I'm not sure what you mean by "at the end, if I put ‘null’” - where do you enter what? Is it in a text field?

Good morning,

Thank you for your answer,

I’ll insert image underneath (I am french so it’s french on the website, as you can see)

Here the first passenger (I’ve put 2 Passengers)

Then the price (for 2 peoples)

Above the price, you can see “réduction supplémentaire”

That’s mean “Additional Discount”

There are some possibilites, such as “null” (3 times, I don’t know why)

And, if I put the second and the third ‘null’, it’s free, but I don’t know what this is (bottom picture)

So, if you know what this mean :’) Thank you very much !!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for the screenshots and the explanations, that makes it clear. I think someone forgot to translate these options into French. Here are the discounts in the English version:

If you select one of the Greek Islands passes, then the fare becomes 0.

Thanks for the screenshots and the explanations, that makes it clear. I think someone forgot to translate these options into French. Here are the discounts in the English version:

That makes sense ! I didn't try in english tank you very much for your help

Indeed, I've also seen that just Greek island pass owner can have the free journey…

Thank you ! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

That makes sense ! I didn't try in english tank you very much for your help

Indeed, I've also seen that just Greek island pass owner can have the free journey…

Thank you ! 

Hi Laetifromfrance, I flagged to Attica (the ferry company in Greece) the fact that this is not working in French in order to fix it for future travelers.Cheers,

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi,

I am sorry to disturb, I’ve seen several different versions,

Indeed, On the Interrail website, I’ve seen that there is a discount on the ferry journey between Italy and greece (Barri and Corfou),

And I’ve also seen that it’s totally free (on the ferry company website (superfast ferries))

Finally, I’ve seen that the seat is free, but we have to pay taxes,

If it’s free, how to do it ? I’ve tried on the website, and at the end, if I put ‘null’, it’s free, but I don’t know what this means,

Also, I am 24, and I can’t select the “Interrail Global Pass 2nd cl”,as a discount. I need to put that I am an adult.

I hope you’ll help me,

Tank you very much

Jumping here again, with a global pass, the ticket is free but you will need to pay the taxes and fuel surcharges. You can use the discount of the Greek Island pass because it does not correspond to you pass. Cheers,

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi, Just informing you that this was solved, the discounts are now also available in French (and other languages as well). Cheers,

Hello everyone, 

I have the same issue that Laetifromfrance regarding the age selection :

I'm also 24 and when I select "juvenile (17-25)" on the website I don't have the possibility to select the interrail global pass discount. 

That means that I can't get the interrail discount because I'm 24? 

The interrail discount is much better than the youth one so, do I have to select the "adult (26-59)" option to have my interrail discount ? 

Thank you for your answers. 

Andy 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can't combine the youth discount and the Interrail discount. Just choose the one that gives the highest discount.

Hey guys! To follow up on the age question, I have found another problem. 

I am 21 and have an Interrail Global Pass. I would like to use the interrail discount as it makes my fare €38 (instead of €57.60 with the juvenile discount).

However, when I need to enter my date of birth, it only allows me to have my birth year from 1962-1996 (as the adult age range is 26-59 years). 

How can I book with the interrail discount without putting in an incorrect birthdate? 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey guys! To follow up on the age question, I have found another problem. 

I am 21 and have an Interrail Global Pass. I would like to use the interrail discount as it makes my fare €38 (instead of €57.60 with the juvenile discount).

However, when I need to enter my date of birth, it only allows me to have my birth year from 1962-1996 (as the adult age range is 26-59 years). 

How can I book with the interrail discount without putting in an incorrect birthdate? 

Thanks

I would say that you need to make you self a few years older to be able to use the Interrail discount. Can you see a problem with that @rvdborgt ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I would say that you need to make you self a few years older to be able to use the Interrail discount. Can you see a problem with that @rvdborgt ?

Alternatively, send an e-mail to helpdesk@anek-superfast.com to book via e-mail. And do mention that the website does not allow the Interrail discount together with a correct birthday for people under 26.

I’m having the same problem so just sent an email to the helpdesk.

Meanwhile, I’m wondering how others have got 38 Euros showing as the price with Interrail Global (2nd cl.), while mine is showing 48 (also down from 68). Anyone else getting the same?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Meanwhile, I’m wondering how others have got 38 Euros showing as the price with Interrail Global (2nd cl.), while mine is showing 48 (also down from 68). Anyone else getting the same?

I still see a 38€ fare.

Please mention origin, destination, departure time, date and the type of seat/accommodation.

@rvdborgt That’s interesting. I’ve put Bari to Corfu, 1st July 19:30-4:30, Deck -- Lounge, Adult, Interrail Global Pass 2nd Cl. It goes from 68 Euros without discount to 48 with.

I’ve tried lots of other origin-destination combinations, as well as dates, and keep getting that same outcome.

The breakdown:

Total Passenger & Vehicle Fare:

€0.00

Fuel Surcharge - Adriatic Routes:

€16.00

Taxes & Fees - Domestic Routes:

€32.00

I want to book the ferrie between Italy and Greece but I dont know how, do you guys have the link? :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I want to book the ferrie between Italy and Greece but I dont know how, do you guys have the link? :)

Book on www.superfast.com.

Booking instructions here:

https://benefitsportal.eurail.com/benefits/attica-group-greece-italy-superfast-ferries-in-cooperation-with-anek-lines/

Hi! I am also planning on taking a ferry between Italy and Greece this summer as part of my travels. I will have a flex global pass, does anyone know if it counts as a travel day when I use the discount for the ferry?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi! I am also planning on taking a ferry between Italy and Greece this summer as part of my travels. I will have a flex global pass, does anyone know if it counts as a travel day when I use the discount for the ferry?

If you use a discounted ferry no travelday needed if you use a “included” ferry you have to use a travelday. Just note even for “included” ferries you have to pay porttax and fuelsurcharge

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you use a discounted ferry no travelday needed if you use a “included” ferry you have to use a travelday. Just note even for “included” ferries you have to pay porttax and fuelsurcharge

Hm yes, and Superfast have invented surcharges that only apply to pass holders. In my book, that means they only offer a discount.