Solved

Global pass cost difference

• 4 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello. My partner and I are traveling to Europe in a few weeks and we are wondering if the global pass is best purchased before arriving in Europe or if it is the same price buying it once we get there?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 4 September 2022, 12:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The prices should be the same. But if you'd like to buy a paper Eurail pass, then be aware that there's only a limited number of places where that is possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If there are still a few monthes before you make that ultra-long flite across half this world: every few monhtes there is usually some kind of promotion, mostly it means 10 or even 15% off-but no-money back or exchange. You could wait if your plans are 100% sure if that happens. That is (after the recent 50% off due to 50 years birthday) about the only offer that is regular.

The final price may depend a little in which valuta you pay and what your bank charges for exchange-in € prices are set and same everywhere they use this money.

Paper Eurail sold on the spot is mostly DE=Germany (main interconti airports), NL/AMS-airport and I think also CH=Swiss, but never UK/GB. As long as it is there……...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If there are still a few monthes before you make that ultra-long flite across half this world: every few monhtes there is usually some kind of promotion, mostly it means 10 or even 15% off-but no-money back or exchange.

The passes from the -10% offer in March this year were perfectly refundable (minus 15%) and exchangeable.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

There would be no difference in cost, however, if you are planning on using popular trains such as the Eurostar between the UK and Europe or the Renfe-SNCF between France and Spain then we do advise purchasing your pass and making reservations as far in advance as possible. Certain high-speed trains have limited seat availability for pass holders and early reservation is the best way to avoid disappointment. You can read more about reservations here