Solved

Global Pass Question - 11 months to activate or complete travel?

• 29 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

Our family is ready to purchase a Global Pass 10 days/2 Months. Per the conditions on the site I see that we have an 11 month deadline to use the pass. Does this mean we have to activate the pass within 11 months, or complete our 10 days of travel within 11 months?

Due to possible (but hopefully unlikely) new Covid issues I want to know when would be our last day to cancel the pass and get a full refund?  The site says a full refund is possible if one cancels “no later than six months from the last possible activation date of the Pass”.

For example if today is January 31(purchase day), Expiration day 11 months from now would be December 31 and 6 months prior to this is June 30. So would June 30 be our latest cancellation day?

Our first day of using the rail system will be in late May, so I think we are OK here, but just want to make sure as there seems to be some ambiguity of the terms.

Thank you!

John

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 29 January 2022, 08:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The last possible activation date is 11 months after the date of purchase. So if you buy it on 31 January, the last day to activate it would be 31 December. On that day, the validity period starts. If you buy a 10 days in 2 months pass, then in this example you can use these travel days until 28 February (there's no 29 or 30 February next year). The last possible cancellation date is 6 months from the last possible activation date, so that would be 30 June, since there is no 31 June.

The last possible activation date is 11 months after the date of purchase. So if you buy it on 31 January, the last day to activate it would be 31 December. On that day, the validity period starts. If you buy a 10 days in 2 months pass, then in this example you can use these travel days until 28 February (there's no 29 or 30 February next year). The last possible cancellation date is 6 months from the last possible activation date, so that would be 30 June, since there is no 31 June.

Thanks for your answer!  This definitely helps!  I had done similar math on the dates and thought that June 30 might be the deadline, but could not be sure.  We are now ready to book.  Thanks again!

Cheers!