Hi. I need some helps here.

I am travelling to Europe in Nov. My destination as below:

21/11 - 23/11 → Rome

23/11 - 25/11 → Florence

25/11 - 28/11 → Milan

28/11 - 29/11 → Zermatt

29/11 - 1/12 → Zurich

1/12 - 4/12 → Frankfurt

4/12 - 7/12 → Paris (where 1 will be spending 1 day in disney)

7/12 - 9/12 → Brussel

9/12 - 11/12 → Amsterdam

I wonder how many days ticket i should purchase. Also, since Rome, Florence and Milan are within Italy, does it means that i will be using up 1 chance of city to city ticket?

Also, any possibility that i can use this pass to travel the Glacier express? How can i go about it?

Pls kindly assist as i am very confused in this. I had previously purchased Eurail ticket when in London but it seems like i had wasted the ticket as i am only traveling from London to Edinburgh and some other cities in UK like Manchester, Liverpool, etc.

Pls assist!

Thanks a millon!

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 15 May 2023, 07:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You have 8-9 travel days so I'd recommend a 10-day pass so you could make day trips from Zurich (as Swiss tickets are very expensive)

Zermatt - Gornergrat and Paris - Disneyland are not covered

Public transportation in cities is usually not covered, except for some suburban lines (not worth it to use a pass day)

Seat reservations to add :

- 13€ Rome - Florence - Milan

- 17€ Frankfurt - Paris (10€ from Strasbourg)

- 27€ Paris - Brussels (you could take a TGV to Lille for 10€ (rarely 20€) and then take reservation-free IC trains to Brussels)

- Brussels - Amsterdam take the reservation-free IC train (and not the 27€ Thalys)

Milan is not worth 3 nights, especially in the winter when it is under the fog. Take the Glacier Express route to go to Zermatt if you'd like (stunning but there may or may not be snow) :

- 26/11 (or 27/11) Milan - Tirano - Chur (arrival 18:24, sit in the reservation-free coaches at the front) or use hourly regional trains with connections in St. Moritz. Night in Chur

- 27/11 (or 28/11) Chur - Disentis/Mustér - Andermatt - Brig/Visp - Zermatt -> this is the Glacier Express route but on regional trains. I'd recommend it this way, way less crowded and you can stop along the way if you'd like

Remember that there is not much daylight in November

Is there a specific reason for staying so long in Frankfurt ? It is not an extremely beautiful city, even less in winter... I'd recommend to spend more time in the Alps where there should be sunlight

You have 8-9 travel days so I'd recommend a 10-day pass so you could make day trips from Zurich (as Swiss tickets are very expensive)

Zermatt - Gornergrat and Paris - Disneyland are not covered

Public transportation in cities is usually not covered, except for some suburban lines (not worth it to use a pass day)

Seat reservations to add :

- 13€ Rome - Florence - Milan

- 17€ Frankfurt - Paris (10€ from Strasbourg)

- 27€ Paris - Brussels (you could take a TGV to Lille for 10€ (rarely 20€) and then take reservation-free IC trains to Brussels)

- Brussels - Amsterdam take the reservation-free IC train (and not the 27€ Thalys)

Milan is not worth 3 nights, especially in the winter when it is under the fog. Take the Glacier Express route to go to Zermatt if you'd like (stunning but there may or may not be snow) :

- 26/11 (or 27/11) Milan - Tirano - Chur (arrival 18:24, sit in the reservation-free coaches at the front) or use hourly regional trains with connections in St. Moritz. Night in Chur

- 27/11 (or 28/11) Chur - Disentis/Mustér - Andermatt - Brig/Visp - Zermatt -> this is the Glacier Express route but on regional trains. I'd recommend it this way, way less crowded and you can stop along the way if you'd like

Remember that there is not much daylight in November

Is there a specific reason for staying so long in Frankfurt ? It is not an extremely beautiful city, even less in winter... I'd recommend to spend more time in the Alps where there should be sunlight

Hi thanks alot!!

Probably will want to change the route:

21/11 - 23/11 → Rome

23/11 - 24/11 → Venice

24/11 - 27/11 → Milan (Will be using 1 day at outlet and 1 day trip of the Benina train ride)

27/11 - 28/11 → Zermatt

28/11 - 30/11 → Zurich (Will be getting a 1 day trip to Interlaken)

30/11 - 2/12 → Munich (What is worth seeing there?)

2/12 - 4/12 → Frankfurt (What is worth seeing there?)

4/12 - 8/12 → Paris (where 1 will be spending 1 day in disney)

8/12 - 9/12 → Brussel

9/12 - 11/12 → Amsterdam

I am wondering, from Zurich, which country in Europe i can go (instead of Muncih and Frankfurt), what is worth going to, easily access for tourist as will be carrying the luggage everywhere. 

Also, is Brussel worth visiting? What is good there for tourist?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It's a bit unnecessary to return to Interlaken from Zurich. Instead do Zermatt - Interlaken - (Lucerne) - Zurich.

From Zurich either Germany or France (for example Strasbourg). You could skip Frankfurt and spend more time in the Alps (should be sunnier)

I can't give travel advice for Brussels but you definitely won't be bored