Solved

I had to set a date on which I wanted to start the trip. Is this date fixed or can it still be changed?

• 28 March 2022
  • 4 replies

I want to do my first interrail trip with a global pass this summer. As there ist the 10% sale right now, I wanted to buy the '10 days in 2 months' ticket today. But at one point of filling in my data I had to set a date on which I wanted to start the trip. 

Is this date fixed or can it still be changed?

Bc if the tickets aren't on sale, they can be used flexibly within 11 months.

I couldn't find any information on this topic, so I did not buy the ticket yet.

hope somebody can help :)

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 28 March 2022, 23:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you choose a paper pass, then you have to choose the first day of validity when you buy the pass. It cannot be changed.

If you choose a mobile pass, then you can activate the pass (and choose the first travel day) within 11 months of purchase.

You can choose between paper or mobile pass directly after going to the checkout, in the step “Order Details”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If you can decide on those dates (you do NOT really have to leave DE on the first day of validity, nor only come back on the very latest day) and want the paper pass, then simply go to your nearest DB-Reisezenter and buy there, in the spot, with discount and without any Versandkosten!

Though for normal young people who are mostly married to their fones anyway mobile app is probably fine, there are numerous faults and problems with it when plans change or otherwise.

If you can decide on those dates (you do NOT really have to leave DE on the first day of validity, nor only come back on the very latest day) and want the paper pass, then simply go to your nearest DB-Reisezenter and buy there, in the spot, with discount and without any Versandkosten!

Though for normal young people who are mostly married to their fones anyway mobile app is probably fine, there are numerous faults and problems with it when plans change or otherwise.

Hi, thanks :) I didnt know, I could buy the ticket at an DB-Office. When I was there yesterday, the lady told me I need to leave Germany on the validity date...so I'm still confused on what is right. I know that I want to leave early august but I don't know the exact date yet. I would buy the ticket with the validity date 01.08. but I'm afraid that then I have to leave on that date and my travel plans don't fit anymore.

Nevertheless I think I would like to buy the paper pass just bc I know its gonna work. I don't need Internet or battery for that and I think if I lose something than it would probably be my phone…

Have u ever used the mobile pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi, thanks :) I didnt know, I could buy the ticket at an DB-Office. When I was there yesterday, the lady told me I need to leave Germany on the validity date...so I'm still confused on what is right.

DB have been selling Interrail tickets since Interrail started 50 years ago...

That lady is completely wrong by the way.

I know that I want to leave early august but I don't know the exact date yet. I would buy the ticket with the validity date 01.08. but I'm afraid that then I have to leave on that date and my travel plans don't fit anymore.

That is not the case. It is up to you when you use your first travel day. You could even wait until well in October and then use all your travel days, starting in Germany.

Nevertheless I think I would like to buy the paper pass just bc I know its gonna work. I don't need Internet or battery for that and I think if I lose something than it would probably be my phone…

Have u ever used the mobile pass?

I have :) - after using some dozens of paper ones. If you want the paper version, just buy it from the DB ticket office. The 10% discount is until tomorrow...