Solved

Inbound/outbound day travels

Good day, I am facing an issue at the moment with my interrail pass. I want to schedule my journey back to my home country -which is Belgium- and the app tells me that I wasted both outbound and inbound day travels. When I checked closer, I discovered that the app put me an In/outbound day journey on a Berlin-Prague travel. It has no sense. Furthermore it took me one hour for getting out from Belgium. How can I lose both In/out travel back on on one hour travel. It seems that the app is having some troubles and I am sure that I would have less issues with the paper pass as I used when I was younger. Please enlighten me on this case. Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 5 August 2022, 16:04

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Can you tell us if you have already started your journey or is it in the future?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If your journey is in the future it easy to remove your journeys in your trip and replan with the help, if needed, of the community.

If you are already travelling it is a lot more challenging and others will advise you once they have more detail.

In the worst case scenario you would need to use your last IR day to the nearest station to the Belgian border and then buy the lowest cost ticket to your final destination.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Can you please post screen shots of the journeys in your Trip? Please remove all personal information before posting.

Yes, I did this travel in July. I did Liege-Berlin on the 12th and Berlin-Prague on the day after. The reason why I wanted some help is because I don't want to do so. It costs around 25-30 € for doing a 30 minutes travel between Aachen and Liege while it costs 9€ at the moment for crossing all Germany or even other countries as Bulgaria or Romania. It has no sense.

Thanks for your support Anna. I don't know how to contact someone from interrail for helping me on this matter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please remove all personal information in the screen shots.

@rvdborgt @seewulf  Can you please take a look at this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There should still be one inbound/outbound journey left indeed. The journey on 13 July should not have used an inbound/outbound journey. But since this is in the past, it can only be solved by customer service:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Send them the screenshots and tell them when you'd like to travel again. Mention a concrete date, not "urgent” or "asap”, so they can prioritise your request.

Thanks a lot for your support. I have just sent a message. I will keep you updated about how it has been resolved. Thanks to all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

BUT; those trains you used in DE were NOT included in this ultra cheap 9€ ticket (which I now have for the 3d time, sitting in Stuttgart, where about all raillines are under repair/renovation). It is only for RE/RB trains, not the ICE/IC.

And those who have used it always tell that one gets a separate message if a day in home country is used-you have to accept that. So either this is not right of you have missed something

I think it is just not right. Inbound/outbound day travels are only for travels in your home country. If I traveled only one day with my pass in my country then I should still have another one. And the reasons why I talked about the 9€ train travels in Germany is because I don't see the point to have an interrail pass for traveling in eastern Europe and paying an extra ticket to Belgium while Belgium is one of the countries with the most expensive prices for a ticket train. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You are absolutely correct that you should not need to have this grief for what appears to be a glitch in the app. 

Unfortunately until Interrail either explain why the app has taken a second of your I/O days and/or reinstate it you will need to get home, which will involve some expense. AS you are aware your IR pass is currently invalid in Belgium. 

I am sure we are all envious of our German friends who have this special 9 euro offer, which I plan to take advantage of for a couple of days later this month for local excursions when we visit Nuremberg.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Claudi. @annie. @Camilo Help needed.

Dear all, Many thanks for your support. I am in the train between Germany and Belgium at the moment and my issue has been fixed. An extra In/outbound travel has been added so I could go back home. I am not sure I would have made it without your help. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for the update. I am happy to hear that everything worked out well.