Solved

Incorrect Date of Birth on Passes

• 13 October 2021
  • 14 replies

I was double-checking our passes for our upcoming trip and our dates of birth are both incorrect (one day before the actual date on our travel documents). Who should I contact to correct this?

icon

Best answer by seewulf 14 October 2021, 18:30

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please get in contact with the Customer Support department of Eurail via Facebook,Twitter or by useing this Online form.

Kind Regards
seewulf

When I purchased my Eurail pass and plugged in the information, my date of birth autocorrected to the wrong date . I immediately contacted Eurail to fix my date of birth. That was 5 days ago and I still have no ability to fix the date of birth.  I appreciate that I have received 2 emails from them saying they are busy but I need the issue to be fixed.  Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You'll have to wait, I'm afraid. When are you starting your trip and did you mention that in your request?

Thank you for your reply. 

Our trip is in July but I anticipate Italy will be a very busy place In July and would like to make train reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Since Italian domestic pass reservations are not quota-controlled, it's usually enough to make them a few days in advance. The best online place to make them by the way (for day trains) is not via Eurail but via ÖBB (Austrian railways) using these steps. ÖBB don't need your birthday or a booking fee, so it's cheaper.

Before July customer service will certainly have contacted you to make the correction.

Thank you.   I appreciate that information.

Why is OBB the best place to make reservations?

Why is it better to make reservations on OBB instead of Eurail?

I’ve heard OBB reservations are not exchangeable or refundable, true?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you

Because OBB doesn´t charge a service fee ontop of the reservation they just charge the reservation itself.

OBB reservation are not refundable/ exchangable after you received them as PDF (there is a clear warning before you print them)
However the Italian reservations are not refundable anyway :/

I really appreciate your help. Your information makes things much clearer.

There is lots of information to sift through and never would have found OBB without your assistance.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thank you

Because OBB doesn´t charge a service fee ontop of the reservation they just charge the reservation itself.

OBB reservation are not refundable/ exchangable after you received them as PDF (there is a clear warning before you print them)
However the Italian reservations are not refundable anyway :/

@seewulf 

Do you know if you are obliged print the seat reservation for Italy?

Or can you also save it as a PDF on your smartphone?

Hello,

Please assist. I am trying to book seat reservations and am stuck. What am i doing wrong?

On OBB:    I can book seat reservations for certain cites traveling in Northern Italy but not Southern Italian cities such as Salerno to Tropea on OBB.

On Omio:   The Omio app will not accept my Eurail pass number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Forget OMIO at all-this is not for you. Just a kind of rip-off site trying to collect extra money as re-sellers. Same for railninja-will also appear in google search

NOte that In ITalia ONLY IC and FRecce=superfast treni can be reserved-the fee is 3€/seat/ride for IC and mostly 10 for FRecce=arrow (+different colours). Local treni, labelled as R(egionale) canNOT,

YOu do not need to print them out-most likely you will not even be asked for it, when you sit in right seat/day/train and its marked as done in the handheld computer of conduttore.

Never ever heard about Tropea, hence I guess its a tiny village (family perhaps living?) without such fast treni. AFAIK such frecce treni do not go further south as Salerno.

IN general its best to REServe via site of railway concerned-VicRail for Vict, NSW_rail for NSW-if they had such a thing in down yunda. BUT TrenItalia will not let passholders ONLY REServe via their site-it would effectively mean that all their premium treni were full in summer as passholders are too anxious to wait. So they closed it off-also at machines-as there was widespread fraud. In IT you can let them do it for you-same prices-at their counters. Via oebb is a kind of sneeky and perhaps even soon to be removed way around. All those different state (strikeprone) railways all run their own system=very much like all states in where you live.

Hello,

Our travel date begins July 13th. We are traveling to various points in Southern Italy.  With the information you provided, I now see our 2 Eurail passes are useless.  I need to cancel our passes and get a refund.  But I am having difficulty figuring out how to cancel the passes. The site gives me the message that i can’t cancel. Are you able to assist?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Check this page for the refund policy.

If you have any questions about reservations, please give origin, destination, date and departure time.