Solved

Interrail App is deleting journeys when I add them to My Pass

My App is completely stuffing up!!! Firstly, I am unable to view all my Saved Journey’s in My Trip. Sometimes I will save a journey, and then when I go to view it, it is not there!!

Secondly, when I try to book a journey and add it to My Pass, it will add it initially, then later when I check it has completely disappeared!! I am using a Flexi Pass, and it is almost impossible to add 2 journeys to one travel day, as either one of the journey’s always keeps disappearing. This is very very frustrating as I don’t have a valid ticket for the trains I need to catch TOMORROW!!!! I need help ASAP, I will be unable to travel tomorrow if this is not fixed URGENTLY. 

icon

Best answer by Greyer 2 April 2022, 18:08

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you have an iPhone with app version 23.0.0? There were 2 similar cases posted yesterday, both with iPhone and this app version:

The best is to contact customer support ASAP and give them all details you have. Interrail developers are already aware of the problem but maybe they have a workaround.

Yes I do!! Yeah I’ve emailed them, but it says they take up to 48 hours to respond… Is there a support phone number I can call? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes I do!! Yeah I’ve emailed them, but it says they take up to 48 hours to respond… Is there a support phone number I can call?

There is no phone number. But support tickets are prioritised for urgency and people who are currently travelling are urgent.

Ok thank you!

I’m having the same problem on two iPhones. We cannot add more than one journey per day as it keeps deleting anything extra. But it is not consistent, sometimes when we close the app and go back in a later journey is showing and not the earlier journey. This is giving us NO CONFIDENCE to go travelling next week!

I’m having the same problem on two iPhones. We cannot add more than one journey per day as it keeps deleting anything extra. But it is not consistent, sometimes when we close the app and go back in a later journey is showing and not the earlier journey. This is giving us NO CONFIDENCE to go travelling next week!

Yes mine is the exact same!! Every time I open the app it is telling me something different!

I have also the same problem, and I’m traveling at this moment. I dont know what to do, its very stressful… I sent a e-mail an hour ago, but I dont get respons :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Does the second journey only disappear from My Trip or, if you have added multiple journeys to My Pass, do journeys also disappear from the train list below the QR code?

If they remain visible below the QR code, then there should not be a problem during ticket checks. But of course, this needs to be solved soon (this week I'd say).

@Nanja, any status update?

Same issue here. If it’s not resolved I don’t know how we’ll travel :(

Do we know if the problem is unique to Apple devices? 

Eagerly awaiting an update. Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I guess it's either Apple devices or related to version 23.0.0 of the app, which has not yet been rolled out to Android devices. Or a combination of both.

I guess it's either Apple devices or related to version 23.0.0 of the app, which has not yet been rolled out to Android devices. Or a combination of both.

Thank you. Fingers crossed they’ll resolve it quickly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi all, unfortunately there is no solution yet. I kindly ask you to all submit a ticket via this form (if not already done), so that we have all your information. The ones travelling now will be prioritized and assisted first. Also go the more menu in the app → settings (in top corner) → scroll down and enable error logging. This way we'll receive your individual phone data to assist you. 

I’m afraid we found this too stressful - the whole point of Interrail is to be able to travel with freedom. It shouldn’t be such a hassle. So we have purchased two replacement paper passes (from the UK, came in less than 48 hours). The original digital passes are waiting for a refund, luckily bought with this possibility. We’re planning another trip in September but will be keeping an eye on this issue to see if it has been resolved by then.

@Isabel Wright-Smith , did you manage to travel? Did you find a solution? I really hope you did!

I am experiencing the problem of not being able to see all the journeys for a given day on my trip, but I haven’t activated the pass yet, so I don’t know what happens when you try to add multiple journeys to the same travel day on the pass. From what I read here, the journeys keep dissappearing from the pass too. Is that the case?

I was thinking that, if it shows one train at a time, maybe you could generate one ticket with the QR code for whichever train it shows  first and take a screenshot. Then exit, go back in, and when it shows the other train with the QR code take another screenshot. Would that work? Has somebody tried it?

I’m really worried here - is it possible to speak to someone via direct message to resolve this? I have logged a ticket but I haven’t seen any progress. Travelling on Tuesday 5/4! Please, please, can somebody help me?

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I can't test this but a possible workaround may be to add just one journey at a time:

1. Add 1 journey to My Trip.
  2. Add that 1 journey to My Pass.
  3. When that journey is over, remove it from My Pass.
  4. Remove the one journey from My Trip (hold it and then select “Delete journey”).
  5. Add the next journey to My Trip.
  6. Etc.

I can't test this but a possible workaround may be to add just one journey at a time:

1. Add 1 journey to My Trip.
  2. Add that 1 journey to My Pass.
  3. When that journey is over, remove it from My Pass.
  4. Remove the one journey from My Trip (hold it and then select delete).
  5. Add the next journey to My Trip.
  6. Etc.

Thanks, @rvdborgt. That sounds like a possible workaround indeed. Assuming you can remove a journey from your pass once it’s in the past… It would be great to hear if someone has tried it. Thank you!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks, @rvdborgt. That sounds like a possible workaround indeed. Assuming you can remove a journey from your pass once it’s in the past… It would be great to hear if someone has tried it. Thank you!!!

As far as I know, this is possible. I played around with adding and deleting journeys, even on my now expired passes and that worked.

Update: Version 23.0.1 is out with a fix. I just installed and, on the trip at least, it seems to work. I can see all my journeys for the day now. I haven’t tried adding to the pass yet, but this is promissing.

Thank you to the support team!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for posting the update, Greyer. The 23.0.1 version with the fix has indeed been released on Saturday. If you have contacted our Customer Support team as instructed, you should have been informed individually on Saturday as well. If not done so, please update the App to continue with the trip planning.
Cheers,

Yes, I also have the same problem of journey disappear after closing the app upon reopen, even though I am planning my trip 2 months ahead.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, I also have the same problem of journey disappear after closing the app upon reopen, even though I am planning my trip 2 months ahead.

Do you have an iphone? If so, do you have version 23.0.1? If not, update the app.