Solved

Interrail Pass not working on SNCF

Hey, I can't book a train ticket online through Eurail. So i tried to buy it via the SNCF website because my trip starts in France and I can't put my interail global pass in the ticket price or anywhere else. Can anyone help me ? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Angelo 29 March 2022, 21:52

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Could you please post details of the train(s) you're trying to book? (origin, destination, date, departure time)

The first I have to take is on April the 3rd.
TGV 5304 

“Le Mans” to “Nîme”

10h31 AM to 2h56 PM

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You can book reservation directly at SNCF Ticket Counter or SNCF ticket machines. 

Just to be sure, if I go to a ticket counter, I’ll have to possibility to use my interail pass to get a ticket at a lower price right ? thanks anyway

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No, you need a reservation. You have a Ticket (your Interrail).

For TGVs in France it is 10€ (only few seats) or 20€ (all other). I heard somewhere, that people in France get reservations to leave France with Interrail for free. But I’m not sure. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Another advantage of the SNCF ticket office is that you don't pay Interrail's booking fee (2€/seat).

Thanks a lot guys

You can book reservation directly at SNCF Ticket Counter or SNCF ticket machines. 

What happens if train is full?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What happens if train is full?

Then they wont sell reservations anymore (Sold Out)
As on a TGV every passenger need a seat :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Also-this route needs 2 (TWO!) TGV-trains and also a change in Paris from Montparnasse to Lyon-by metro=pay ticket yourself. I guess that is also a cause why cannot do in 1 go.

OR-you can go via the classic route without TGV-via Nantes-Bordeaux-Toulouse and even without any REServ needed. Will take longer and have to very carefully check timings-this is SNCF after all, not noted for a frequent service (but yes for frequent strikes). Use SNCF site to plan and cut up in segments if you would like to check this