Solved

Linking seat reservations with mobile app

I have already purchased my EU rail pass and also reserved seats for the routes I will be travelling on through the EU rail website. I have downloaded the Rail planner app and added my travel pass on that. Is there a way I can link my e-tickets for the seat reservations with my pass? If not, what is the use of the app if I have to download and print out e-tickets to show to the ticket inspector?

icon

Best answer by Hektor 1 May 2024, 06:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Owais Raza You don’t need to link the seat reservation to your Eurail pass. 

How to set up your mobile pass https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/interrail-mobile-pass/getting-started It might be helpful to you.

I have already purchased my EU rail pass and also reserved seats for the routes I will be travelling on through the EU rail website. I have downloaded the Rail planner app and added my travel pass on that. Is there a way I can link my e-tickets for the seat reservations with my pass? If not, what is the use of the app if I have to download and print out e-tickets to show to the ticket inspector?

You can't link your reservations with your pass. Both things are completely separate.

The use of the app is: If you did buy a mobile pass, this is your ticket. You need to add every train there to have a valid ticket. If you did buy a paper pass, you don't need the app.

Railpass = ticket.

Reservations do guarantee a specific seat. If they are not mandatory, you don-t need to show them to the conductor (you don't even need them, it's just to guarantee a seat). If they are mandatory for a specific train, you need to buy them and you need to show them.

But as written: These are two different things.