Solved

Lyria trains not available with switzerland pass ?

• 8 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi : I have an available Switzerland pass but if I try to book a ticket from Paris to Basel there is a message of error : “not available for some travellers”. Does it mean that my pass is not valid on Lyria tgv ? thank you in advance to everybody for your help

icon

Best answer by Angelo 8 December 2022, 11:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi your Interrail One Country Switzerland Pass is only valid in Switzerland. Paris is in France.

You can use with your pass the TGV Lyria between Basel and Zürich without reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

JUst 3-4 mins ago answered yet another FRench person who was also confused/angry that s/he had misread and had to be informed that 1country really means what it says; valid in ONE=that country only. Somehow it seems that its for >90% FRench who trip into this error.

BTW: IF you intend to mainly/only visit la Suisse/Swiss: there is also a Swiss Tourist Pass, from sbb.com, cost a little more, but covers MUCH more-also all local transport, many more mountain lines and also the postbuses and museums. The you also have to buy tickets till/from Swiss border stations.

If plans are wider, it may indeed be wise to exchange (get refund-fee for old pass, buy new pass) for other type.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

If plans are wider, it may indeed be wise to exchange (get refund-fee for old pass, buy new pass) for other type.

Note that you can also exchange passes for the fixed fee of €15 per exchange (you'll have to reach out to customer support after buying a new pass). Generally cheaper than the cost of cancelling a pass. See https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy