Solved

mobile pass

• 13 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi to all

i have heard mobile pass is not suitable for ussing it in places such as Eastern Europe, small towns or northern cities such as Lulea (Sweden) or Kemi and Rovaniemi (Finland).

what do you think about this ???

Thanks

icon

Best answer by runner.on.rails 13 June 2021, 16:56

View original

7 replies

I think the pass is better to be used when travelling longer journeys. Also in Eastern Europe trains are generally cheaper so sometimes it’s better to just pay for a single ticket here and there. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi to all

i have heard mobile pass is not suitable for ussing it in places such as Eastern Europe, small towns or northern cities such as Lulea (Sweden) or Kemi and Rovaniemi (Finland).

what do you think about this ???

Thanks

The mobile pass works well where the timetables are fully stored. Unfortunately the bus between Lulea and Kemi is not stored yet. But there should be a option to also record a leg of your trip where no timetable is availabe in the leg. But I didn’t test this part since all my trains were there.

I think you shouldn’t have to face problems if you enter a trip manually.

In my opinion, the biggest disatvantage of the mobile pass is, that you don’t get it physically as travel memory.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

In my opinion, the biggest disatvantage of the mobile pass is, that you don’t get it physically as travel memory.

That sounds good, actually! I was wondering how well the digital pass is accepted among railway carriers. I can imagine that it could be hard for small railway companies or companies that don't have QR code scanners.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

That sounds good, actually! I was wondering how well the digital pass is accepted among railway carriers. I can imagine that it could be hard for small railway companies or companies that don't have QR code scanners.

When I used it in January 2021 several conductors in Switzerland, Germany and France had problems scanning it, but then they checked just the information on my app and wanted to see my ID and accepted it. But on the last day I had a strange issue. On the conductors app it said that activated another date than on mine… I had to go to the ticket counter in Brig with on conductor to let them confirm that my pass is valid. I dont know if it is a issue of interrail servers or SBB App. I reported it to @Nanja , perhaps she knows if the error has been found and solved in the meantime.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Acceptance is 100% because all carriers that accept Interrail have agreed to accept the mobile version. The information that can be read via the QR code is also visible on the screen. The fact that some carriers cannot read the QR code should not be the passenger's problem.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

That's great to hear! Then it sounds like the mobile pass is a great alternative. :smile: Awesome!

Expect it is not. I am having very serious issues right now with the app, which will not display the barcode or even allow me to add trips. I can see all my pass details and it is activated. I would avoid the mobile pass as you risk fines or worse when it is faulty and no support is offered.