Solved

Not valid in Sweden

• 21 June 2021
  • 4 replies

I don’t understand why my pass says not valid in sweden.

this is a peer to peer forum and I do not know which are the right types of questions.

icon

Best answer by seewulf 22 June 2021, 04:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What kind of pass do you have?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I assume you are traveling with a Global Pass and your Country of Residence is Sweden? (Bought with a Swedish ID-Card or Passport)

In that case the Interrailpass is only valid for one Outboundday and for one Inbound day :)
The rules of Interrail is that you can´t travel complete free in your Country of Residence as you should explore your European neighbours :)

2nd class.

yes, my home counrty is Sweden.

so not valid in Sweden means it is valid to cross boarder and then travel to my home. That is all I need.

It does seem odd what is written there, but maybe it could say ’not valid for internal travel in Sweden’?

thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

2nd class.

yes, my home counrty is Sweden.

so not valid in Sweden means it is valid to cross boarder and then travel to my home. That is all I need.

It does seem odd what is written there, but maybe it could say ’not valid for internal travel in Sweden’?

thanks,

Correct you can use your Interrail Globalpass on one Outboundday within Sweden to get to the Border,Airport or Harbour and one Inboundday from Border,Airport,Harbour to your hometown. (You need a active travelday together with these Outbound and Inbound days)