Solved

OBB Nightjet from Milan to Vienna in June showing Tickets not available

• 29 February 2024
  • 12 replies

Badge

I am trying to reserve a room on OBB Nightjet from Milan to Vienna on 6/24 for all 4 of us, yet the OBB website shows tickets not available; I was under an impression that it can only be booked 90 days before, then saw it on the OBB website that it can be booked 180 days ahead, not sure what to do, can anyone provide me some suggestions??

Thanks

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 29 February 2024, 07:51

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You're too early. Reservation hasn't been opened for the summer timetable. Keep trying regularly.

Badge

You're too early. Reservation hasn't been opened for the summer timetable. Keep trying regularly.

Thanks for the reply; my question/concern is if this only applies to the Nightjet as other trains are available for booking as of now. I am contemplating with other option, night train from Venice to Vienna, which is available for booking. Not sure if the route from Milan to Vienna nightjets is popular during this period of time, as I searched different dates, and all showed tickets not available; not sure if I should wait or just secure from Venice to Vienna for now.

Can we make changes after the seat reservations have been made??

Badge

It doesn’t appear to have an option to use Eurail Pass for reservation, so I guess it is indeed to early to book via Eurail, it only has option for paying full fares……..; I’m concerned if the couchette is still available then…….

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This Nightjet and most other Italian trains aren't yet on sale for dates after 9th June. Nobody is able to book right now so as long as you check regularly it'll be fine.

You can change your reservation until 15 days before departure, it's written when you try to book.

EDIT : Add Interrail/Eurail as a discount before.

There is no passholder quota or anything. Simply book through nightjet.com or ÖBB and add the pass as a discount. In your example it should cost 214.60€ for a 4 people couchette compartment.

Badge

Great to know, I will check back on a regular basis, thank you so much to keep me informed

Badge

This Nightjet and most other Italian trains aren't yet on sale for dates after 9th June. Nobody is able to book right now so as long as you check regularly it'll be fine.

You can change your reservation until 15 days before departure, it's written when you try to book.

EDIT : Add Interrail/Eurail as a discount before.

There is no passholder quota or anything. Simply book through nightjet.com or ÖBB and add the pass as a discount. In your example it should cost 214.60€ for a 4 people couchette compartment.

Thank you all so much for your input, the time table for the night jet has been updated unti 6/26; I was able to book a 4 people couchette comfort for both Munich to Venice, and from Milan to Vienna using Eurail Global Pass discount on OBB Nightjet website. Now I just need to book the night train from Prague to Warsaw for July 1 when the booking window is up.

Best regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Now I just need to book the night train from Prague to Warsaw for July 1 when the booking window is up.

You can book that night train on cd.cz ("reservation only” works here), normally from 60 days in advance. Currently, it doesn't have couchettes (only seats and sleeper) but in summer there should also be a couchette carriage.

Badge

Now I just need to book the night train from Prague to Warsaw for July 1 when the booking window is up.

You can book that night train on cd.cz ("reservation only” works here), normally from 60 days in advance. Currently, it doesn't have couchettes (only seats and sleeper) but in summer there should also be a couchette carriage.

I actually have found a booking website showing the availability of sleeper trains; but the booking window is only up to May 15, so I will be checking frequently onwards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I actually have found a booking website showing the availability of sleeper trains; but the booking window is only up to May 15, so I will be checking frequently onwards.

cd.cz also shows availability.

Does Polrail now send reservations via e-mail? AFAIK, until now, they only sold paper reservations, to be picked up somewhere, for an additional fee.

Badge

Does Polrail now send reservations via e-mail? AFAIK, until now, they only sold paper reservations, to be picked up somewhere, for an additional fee.

Hmmm, very good question, I honestly don’t know, but thank you so much for bringing it up, I’m gonna look into it; I’m definitely up for the email/PDF tickets. I will have an update here once I;ve found out the details.

thanks again :-)

Badge

Hmmm, very good question, I honestly don’t know, but thank you so much for bringing it up, I’m gonna look into it; I’m definitely up for the email/PDF tickets. I will have an update here once I;ve found out the details.

thanks again :-)

Good news, it looks like they do issue e-tickets, yay !! 

Badge