Solved

Only got a mobile pass due to server outage

Hi there,

I wanted to book a ticket for all 5 of us. We are travelling sometimes together and sometimes we split up und join later .
Not all of us have a mobile device, but due to the server outage yesterday we were only able to purchase a ticket on allaboard.eu . 
What they forgot to mention was, that they only distribute mobile tickets.

How can we use this with the mobile ticket?
Not all of our children does have there own devices and as far as I know we are not able to tranfer the ticket from one device to another.

I would love to get the paperbased Global pass, but how?

Thank you for your help!

Horst

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 11 May 2022, 10:40

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can add the children's passes to your device if you are sure that you will be travelling together during the travel, or do you mean that the children will be travelling alone without a mobile?

Hi AnnaB and thank you for your answer.

My wife and I will split up and join and children will go either with one or the otherone of us.

So If I have the ticket of my son in my device because he does'nt have one, he cannot travel with my wife.

How to handle this with the Mobile Pass.

I am so unhappy, because it was not mentioned anywhere that we will only get Mobile Passes.

There are so many restrictions but you have to pay the same price.

Horst

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ok. I see your problem. Maybe the easiest solution is to get really cheap second hand phones for the children so that everyone has their own device. The reservations can still be on either your or your wife's phone.

There is a difference between the ticket that you activated by connecting a trip in the app and a reservation that you might be needing for some trips.

The other option is to try to swap the mobile passes to paper passes, but I am not sure if that is possible as you didn't buy the passes directly from Interrail.

Hi AnnaB,
thank you again for all your efforts.

I tried to get the pass at the interrail website, but it was down all day…
I’d like to swap the passes but I don’t know how to get in touch with interrail staff.
The only way they mentioned was this community…. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If I understand correctly you should be able to make the swap, if you manage to get hold of customer support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I would love to get the paperbased Global pass, but how?

For next time:

Deutsche Bahn sell them at their ticket offices, as they've been doing for 50 years. They usually also sell the promotional passes, this time too.

Hi AnnaB,

okay. But how do I get in touch with customer support? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

okay. But how do I get in touch with customer support? 

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Do mention when your trip starts so your request can be prioritised properly.

Hi rvdborgt,

thank you for the link.
I was not able to find it on the regular site.