Solved

Outbound journey in Sweden

• 24 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Hej,
we live in the north-west of Sweden and would like to travel to Germany (via Denmark). Due to the fact that we have a small kid (its a long trip) and also because we have friends in Malmö, we would like to stop there for one night before crossing the border to Denmark. Could we use the outbound journey to travel from Umeå to Malmö? We would then continue our trip next day, by paying the train from Malmö to Copenhagen extra and then continue with the interrail pass afterwards. Or do we have to cross the border during our outbound journey?

Thanks Svea

icon

Best answer by Camilo. 28 October 2022, 12:50

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hej, ja, that goes bra-certainly on the new mobile passes. You could also use Skanetrafiken till Ystad (pay) and use ferry from there-or from Trelleborg. But you have to do that whole trip fra Hemmet till Malmö in 1 day (hence this is not possible if you start in an overnight train that ends in STO).

First stop of O/resundtaget in DK is airport/Kastrup, but I think it is same price for allstops in centre zone Köpenhamn. At stations it is still possible there to buy paper tickets-but use of app in fone is heavily promoted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Det går jättebra att åka på Interrail till Malmö och sedan köpa en vanlig biljett till Köpenhamn och fortsätta med IR därifrån.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I may be wrong but I read somewhere on the forum a few weeks ago that if you live in Northern Sweden you could ask IR to add an extra I/O day because it is impractical to do it in one travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I may be wrong but I read somewhere on the forum a few weeks ago that if you live in Northern Sweden you could ask IR to add an extra I/O day because it is impractical to do it in one travel day.

Yes, that is correct, even if it seems to depend on what person that handles the request at Customer Support whether the request for extra I/O days is granted or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You'd only need extra tickets to the border tariff point, Kastrup(Gr), or if that's not possible, to the first station in Denmark.

Thank you all so much:-)

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Svea 

Indeed, as @Yorkie  and @AnnaB  mentioned, we can look into giving you an extra inbound outbound day depending on where you live in your country and whether it's too remote or problematic to cross the border in one day.

I'd be pleased to look into this if you send me a private message with your order number.

​Have a lovely day!