Overview of Interrail sales

• 19 December 2022
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey,

for planning reasons when usually sales appear, would be nice to make here a collection of Interrail sales in previous years.

2022:

• Winter sale
    • Discount: 10%
    • Duration: 22.12.22-05.01.2023
    • Availability: All passes except some One Country Passes (e.g. Switzerland)
  • Black Friday sale
    • Discount: 20%
    • Duration: 24.11.2022-29.11.2022
    • Availability: continuous passes - 15 days, 22 days, 1 month
    • Restrictions: must start traveling by 1st May 2023
  • 50 years sale
    • Discount: 50%
    • Duration: 6.05.2022-10.05.2022
    • Availability: continuous passes - 1, 2, 3 months

2021:

• Winter sale
    • Discount: 10%
    • Duration: mid December until 03.01.2022
    • Availability: All passes except some One Country Passes

2020:

• Winter sale
    • Discount: 20%
    • Duration: mid December till beginning of January (?)
    • Availability: All passes except some One Country Passes

Feel free to add and I will add them in the starting post. This list is not full and I just started to write down a few ones for the beginning and will try to add later some more.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • March 2022 Flexi Promotion:
    • Discount 10%
    • Duration: 1.3.2022-31.3.2022
    • Availability: all passes except Switzerland, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark One Country Pass, German Rail Pass.
  • German Rail Pass Promotion:
    • Discount 10%
    • Duration: 1.11.2022-11.12.2022
    • Availability: 3, 4 or 5 days/1 month passes and 3, 4 or 5 day continuous passes.
    • Restrictions: travel must be finished by 31.1.2023.
  • In March 2020 there was a similar -10% offer.

Belgian railways often keep conditions of previous promotions online for a while, in Dutch, French or (since some months) in English (look under RPT).

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I have made this overview of Interrail deals in 2021, but to be fair I’m not sure how representative it is given 2021 was also partly intended to 1. start up after covid 2. promote the mobile pass. I have some loose deals from 2020 and before (generally, there were less frequent deals - noting that mobile passes didn’t exist then), but I don’t expect them to be very representative either.

Obviously, it undermines a bit these campaigns if they’re predictable, and they managed to do that again with the Black Friday sale (while I expected an offer, the actual offer did not match my expectations).

16 December 2021-3 Jan 2022 10% discount winter sale
26 November 2021: 10% Black Friday discount
23 July - 3 August 2021: 10% discount summer sale
3 - 30 June 2021: 10% discount summer sale
3-31 March 2021: 20% discount
9-15 February 2021: 1st class pass for 2nd class price (about 25% discount on 1st class passes - Valentines day)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The 50% OFF due to 50 yr will be a non-repeatable thing-fairly obvious. We will just have to wait&see if there will be any replacement for it-this yr of course also was just in the travel-revival period post-covid, so fitted quite well into it.

From what I remember, there were always sales as mentioned above: around 1/1, spring and autumn-in the distant past often for use ONLY in the weaker winter monthes-as such this makes sense. JUst as this schwarzer Freitag/vendredi noir has-discount mostly 10 or 15% and more stringent xchange rules.

There is supposed to be some failbook page about it all and exploding with joy and glee when the next sale comes-as do many of the well-known national rail-fan-forums.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

There is a new sale until 15th March 2023.
10% discount for most of the passes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Detailed overview here:

https://public-pf.b-europe.com/en/Producten/Details?id=afaaf0a4-eb22-4f0d-b6f3-c55a0cc5ff62

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Cependant, en regardant bien il est affiché 20% de remise.

Légalement, le prix le plus avantageux est au bénéfice du consommateur, il n y a pas ici de notion de prix dérisoire... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Où ça ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Légalement, le prix le plus avantageux est au bénéfice du consommateur, il n y a pas ici de notion de prix dérisoire... 

Thanks for the screenshot.

All languages, apart from English, are showing the black Friday offer.

@Camilo. @Mukhammad you may want to inform your colleagues that such statements on the website can have expensive legal consequences. Just like during the -50% offer, when some of the pages mentioned that the promotional pass was exchangeable.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thanks for the screenshot.

All languages, apart from English, are showing the black Friday offer.

@Camilo. @Mukhammad you may want to inform your colleagues that such statements on the website can have expensive legal consequences. Just like during the -50% offer, when some of the pages mentioned that the promotional pass was exchangeable.

Hello @barbelouille and @rvdborgt,

Thank you for marking out about the issue. Yesterday we had several issues with the Promo details. Therefore, we apologize for this misinformation.

Upon checking, I can confirm that the details have already been corrected on both websites (Interrail and Eurail) for all languages included there.

Thank you again for letting us know about this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

As I’ve read on another forum there will be a 15% sale from tomorrow for approximately two weeks on most global and one country passes (German pass excluded). Somebody can confirm this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes it is now official and on the website : https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/global-pass