Solved

Postal address to return pass for refund

• 20 December 2021
  • 13 replies

I need to return my paper pass for a refund in the next few days (due to covid), but don’t know where to send it. I clicked on the refund button in my account and obtained a number but can’t find a postal address. Can anyone help? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Nanja 23 December 2021, 09:24

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Sueh, I've provided you with the address via a private message :) Cheers, 

Nanja,

I also need the address for a return of my paper passes due to COVID. Could you send it to me also?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi 3withrows, sure! I have sent it via a private message. Cheers, 

Hi,

Unfortunately, I cannot make the trip and have to return my paper passport. The refund procedure on the website also worked well, I received my refund number and now only have to send the ticket, but I now have two different addresses. For days I have not received an answer as to which address I should send the ticket to.

There is the return label that came with the tickets, with the address:
Eurail. B.V., Int. Business Return Service, I.B.R.S./C.C.R.I. No.7, 3500 ZA Utrecht (NL).

However, on the website I was told a different address after the process was completed:
Eurail. B.V., Pass refund, P.O. Box 2338, 3500 GH Utrecht (NL)

Can you help me? I have to send the ticket by tomorrow.

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Eurail. B.V., Int. Business Return Service, I.B.R.S./C.C.R.I. No.7, 3500 ZA Utrecht (NL).

However, on the website I was told a different address after the process was completed:

Then you should use the second address.

Hi Sueh, I've provided you with the address via a private message :) Cheers, 

Why private message people the address? Why not post it on here as an answer to the question for everyone to see. Surely that is the whole point of having a community. Maybe your customer service won’t be so inundated with messages and people will actually be able to find out answers easier that way. Just some feedback. @Nanja 

Then you should the second address.

What is with the attitude 🤣 How do you know this is the correct address or are you just assuming? i would rather not return my pass to the wrong address and then not recieve a refund. I would like proper confirmation either from someone who has done this before or from someone who works for the company. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What is with the attitude 🤣 How do you know this is the correct address or are you just assuming? i would rather not return my pass to the wrong address and then not recieve a refund. I would like proper confirmation either from someone who has done this before or from someone who works for the company. 

If you are instructed to use that specific address for the refund process, then it's pretty clear to me.

If you are instructed to use that specific address for the refund process, then it's pretty clear to me.

On the returns process online you are instructed to use an address. On the paper returns form you receive in the post you are instructed to use the pre-paid label that comes with your pass. How is that in any way clear? Thanks for your response but i would rather not trust someone who is just guessing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Thea Cooks 

If you want an answer from someone working for Interrail/Eurail then this is the wrong place to ask. Then you need to submit a request to Customer Support through the form in the link below and then wait a few weeks for an answer. 

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On the returns process online you are instructed to use an address. On the paper returns form you receive in the post you are instructed to use the pre-paid label that comes with your pass. How is that in any way clear? Thanks for your response but i would rather not trust someone who is just guessing. 

The paper pass cover obviously still mentions the address that was previously used to send trip reports/travel diaries (now renamed to My Trip) back. They previously used those to determine how to distribute the income between the participating companies.

If, in the refund process, you are instructed to use a specific other address for the refund, then why wouldn't you use that?

It could of course also be that both addresses can be used. The instructions on the refunds and exchanges page now say: "Send your Pass back to us with the free shipping return label provided together with your Paper Pass”. That text used to be different, IIRC to the effect that the return address would be provided.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt 

I just got my Interrail paper passes and I didn't get any return label so there might be a change in the return process going on. 

@rvdborgt

I just got my Interrail paper passes and I didn't get any return label so there might be a change in the return process going on. 

This is helpful, thanks for letting me know!😊