Solved

Refund global pass outbound/inbound

• 26 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Dear community,

I bought my 7-day global pass to travel to France and afterwards, use the remaining 5 trips in my home country Germany. In the buying process, it was not mentioned, that this ticket only allows 2 outbound/inbound trips. I still thought though, that this applies only when I cross the border from my home country, therefore still enabling me to travel in my home country.

As it turns out however, I am not able to do so and now stuck in my home country not being able to use my trips at all anymore. If I would have known that before I would have at least bought the cheaper pass with 4 days, more likely though just the trains independently as that would have been much cheaper!

Therefore I would like to know if there is any way to get at least a refund for the price difference between the 7-day and the 4-day pass, as I only needed the pass for 2 days. Being over 27 that amounts to 89 €.

Please help!

Tobi

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 26 September 2022, 14:59

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no way to get a refund and the information about the restrictions for travels in your country of residence is very clear on the Interrail website. 

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/what-is-interrail/travel-your-own-country

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's always a good idea to look at the conditions of use before you buy anything. Additionally, on the general page about the Interrail global pass (where you normally start the purchase), the limitation to one inbound and one outbound journey is mentioned:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/global-pass

I am aware that you are legally not obliged to give a refund and was hoping for some goodwill here. Next time I will know this but as I stated this information is not included in the choosing/buying process. In my opinion, such very essential information should not be “somewhere on the website” but be presented to the user so it can’t be missed…

I would expect good service to fix this issue in the longterm but in the short term offer a refund when this misleading process leads to unwanted buying decisions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I am aware that you are legally not obliged to give a refund and was hoping for some goodwill here.

"We” are not Interrail but just a group of fellow travellers, all volunteers. There are a few moderators too, but if you want to reach customer service, then please use their contact form:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Nobody in this community can give you any kind of refund.

In addition, and I repeat myself, on the page where you start the buying process, the limitation on travel in the country of residence is clearly mentioned.

Thank you for the link!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Und-hättest du ganz einfach nach DB im BHF gegangen und dort gekauft-geht sofort, als alter-Stil auf Papier, dann hätte mann es bestimmt so erklärt. Falls eine sogar hilfreicher  Mitglied im grossen DB-mit Angebot auch mal wenn erwunscht RES für dich zu machen.

Aber wenn hätte kommst ist haben zu spät (so sagen wir´s).