Refund of passes- COVID

• 6 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 14 replies

HI,

I have sent my interrail passes back to Utrect for refund. They were sent in good time for the 1st September deadline. I registered each of my two packages to be tracked with compensation of £250 for each package. They were held at Dutch Customs until early September pending their contact with Interrail (presumably to confirm contents). British Post Office have now lost contact. Interrail have not responded to my many emails (for the past six weeks). Therefore I do not know if they have received the packages. I therefore cannot claim the Post Office compensation. Interrail’s chat line does not appear to function - at least it disappears as soon as I ask a question, never to be seen again. Any advice welcomed !

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

First of all in my experince there was a different adress to send the passes for a refund back (maybe iam wrong) as i haven´t send a pass back for refund since several months

the best for you is to get in contact via facebook or Twitter with all your proofs :) as there you have the fastest connection to the Customer Support departmend

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Many thanks seewulf. Not on twitter or Facebook but will check returning address

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Leo  can maybe help to get in contact with Customer Service

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Very many thanks seewulf. Mirielle, from Interrail has just sent me a email saying that they will refund when they receive the passes. However, this indicates that they have not received the passes sent two weeks ago from the UK. I have sent email requesting clarification but I feel happier now that they have made contact ! Maybe your reply helped (?), in any event, many thanks again.

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JSWA2  i did nothing than mark one of the Socialmedia representive of Eurail at this site 🙂 I´am  not related to Eurail as iam working for “DB Netz AG” German Railnetwork 😃 have just the time and a bit of experience to answer here :D

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Nevertheless, many thanks for your advice. Four days ago the passes arrived at Amsterdam International Mail Centre, so maybe are with Interrail now !

Regards,

John