Solved

Requested "Budget" 7-day Global Eurail pass in first-class -- but later screens said "second-class"

• 16 September 2023
  • 5 replies

I chose a 7-day Global Eurail Pass, which is called “Budget” (other options were Economy and Premium, the latter lasting a month). I selected the upgrade to first-class. When I got to the Add to Cart screen and later screens, the text said “second class”, though the price remained at the first-class price.

This is very confusing. I can’t tell what I am about to buy. Why is an option listed as first class only to change to second class?

icon

Best answer by Mukhammad 18 September 2023, 10:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I believe this is a bug. But in case I'd wait for an answer from @Mukhammad or @Camilo. (Eurail staff) before buying.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no such thing as a budget or premium Eurail pass. Which website did you visit? It could be scam.

The correct website is eurail.com. You only have a selection between 1st and 2nd class and it should look like this:

Thanks for your comment. I am on the Eurail site, and the Pass Finder tool does show the options I showed. I have been told to use a different path to get to the purchases, but this is a bug.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The pass finder tool doesn't work correctly so don't use it. It will most likely don't give you the correct number of travel days. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Good morning everyone! Thank you for flagging this up, we're now reporting it to the relevant team.

As for now, please choose the Passes through https://www.eurail.com/en/eurail-passes/global-pass as our pass finder page doesn't work correctly as mentioned by AnnaB. I'm sorry for the inconvenience @cameronpowell