Solved

Rome Termini to Venice S. Lucia - how to add a seat for 2 Y child ?

• 16 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I am trying to reserve seats for my 2Y child for the route  18:35 Rome Termini  --->22:59 Venice S. Lucia from https://www.raileurope.com/  . So as per instruction in website I am putting age as 6. At time of selecting seats and payment, website asking for my child date of birth. I am putting actual date of birth. App validating the age entered (6) and age as per date of birth mentioned (2) and showing error - “Passenger's date of birth doesn't match age: <name> will be 2 at time of travel”.

Please suggest how can i book. Since its 4.5 hr of journey, i wanted to have seat for my child.

DOB is a mandatory field on the form which i cannot skip.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 16 May 2024, 11:57

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What happens if you enter 2?

Otherwise lie about the year of birth and add 4 years. I'm sure staff will be understanding, if they even ask.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you have an Interrail pass for your child? If you don't have an Interrail pass for your child you are not allowed to make reservations for the child. 

Badge +1

What happens if you enter 2?

Otherwise lie about the year of birth and add 4 years. I'm sure staff will be understanding, if they even ask.

@thibcabe Entering age 2 is not giving any option to select seat, neither charging for seat.

Not sure if we can add extra 4 year? will that be ok? will there be not any problem if i do so? since its a different country for us so little hesitate to do that.. not sure if it fine to do ?

Do you have an Interrail pass for your child? If you don't have an Interrail pass for your child you are not allowed to make reservations for the child. 

Yes @AnnaB I did purchase interrail child pass. the pass is validating correctly just the problem with DOB.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It is no problem to add your child as 6 years old. Just add 4 years to your child's birthday when you are asked for the DOB.

Badge +1

It is no problem to add your child as 6 years old. Just add 4 years to your child's birthday when you are asked for the DOB.

Thanks @thibcabe  and @AnnaB for your advice !