Solved

Setting Start Date after 11 months from date of purchase

• 28 November 2022
  • 7 replies

I purchased a 2 month interrail pass on 11th May 2022 so I need to activate it no later than the 11th April 2023. My plan is to activate the pass on the 10th April 2023 and set a start date of 20th April 2023. My current understanding is that the 2 month duration will start on the 11th April (instead of the 20th April start date) and my last day of usage will be the 11th June 2023. Can someone confirm that my understanding is correct and it is possible to set a start date which occurs after the 11 months from purchase? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 28 November 2022, 15:00

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I assume you mean 2022 and 2023 not 2021.

A fixed 2 month pass will need to be started within 11 months of issue, and if set for that last date will start there and last for 2 months minus 1 day.

If the last validation day is 11 April 2023 then it can run from then until 10 June 2023, no later.

A fixed 2 month pass will need to be started within 11 months of issue, and if set for that last date will start there and last for 2 months minus 1 day.

If the last validation day is 11 April 2023 then it can run from then until 10 June 2023, no later.

Sorry I have the years wrong. I purchased 11th May 2022 so I need to activate by 11th April 2023. You say that the pass needs to be “started” within 11 months however everything I have read states that you need to “activate” within 11 months. I am trying to clarify whether I need to “Activate” and set a start date within the 11 months or can I activate within 11 months but set a start date that is over the 11 month period.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You say that the pass needs to be “started” within 11 months however everything I have read states that you need to “activate” within 11 months.

That's the same thing. You need to go through the activation process and in that process set the start date. The start date can be no later than 11 months after purchase. The activation process must also be done within 11 months after purchase.

You say that the pass needs to be “started” within 11 months however everything I have read states that you need to “activate” within 11 months.

That's the same thing. You need to go through the activation process and in that process set the start date. The start date can be no later than 11 months after purchase. The activation process must also be done within 11 months after purchase.

ok thanks. So if the start date is within the 11 months (in my case by 11th April 2023), I assume I can still set my first day of actual travel to be the 20th April 2023.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In case of this continuous pass indeed the counter starts when activated. With the slightly cheaper ´days in a period´ passes it is with some grips possible to set first actual day of use later as start day of validity, but again: for your case this has no meaning. IF you are unable to start travel on that 10/4-pity, but then you still had an excellent bargain in that sale even if you cannot use all the 61 days in total.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Sorry I have the years wrong. I purchased 11th May 2022 so I need to activate by 11th April 2023. You say that the pass needs to be “started” within 11 months however everything I have read states that you need to “activate” within 11 months. I am trying to clarify whether I need to “Activate” and set a start date within the 11 months or can I activate within 11 months but set a start date that is over the 11 month period.

Activation is starting when it is a continuous pass. You have no extra time to extend the start of the pass beyond the 11 months deadline. Once activated it will have 2 full months validity. You are free to use as many or as little of the days within those 2 months as you wish but a 11 April start will have it’s last valid day set to 10 June.

ok got it, thanks. I will activate and start my pass on the 11th April 2023 and will set my first day of travel to be the 20th April knowing that my last day of travel will be the 10th June.