Solved

Some of your travellers' Passes are not valid on this train

Hi 

I’ve booked passes with my family members for 2 weeks and unable to book my reservations due to error message above. Can you please guide and just worried

Regards

Nanda

icon

Best answer by Marion 28 April 2022, 14:58

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. What kind of passes did you book?
  2. Which train is this? (origin, destination, date, departure time)

Hi 

Please find attached screenshot as i booked pass for france and italy separately 

This is for from paris to venice italy on june 4th 2022

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is for from paris to venice italy on june 4th 2022

Please post the exact timetable. Either a screenshot of the trains, or origin, destination, and departure time per train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Looks to me the system cannot cope with 2 adjacent 1country passes-which as such is a very unusual thing to do anyway. OR-if it is able, one has to find a way to select IT only for the Milano-Venezia leg.

MY advice is to make the needed REServations not via app/system hut otherwise-though this might encounter problems for the INTernational-which is quite expensive too.

Also be double sure to NOT book trains via Swiss=the classic old route, as then this part is of course not covered by the 2 different 1country passes.

Please find attached screenshot of exact timetable and error message related to my pass whcih i shared earlier all members has valid same pass

None of any timings allowed and any other days well

Your trip goes through Switzerland (Geneva and Brig).  Ma app suggests this without needing to go through Switzerland:

Then even why its notnworking even between venice italy to rome italy. It has same issue since ive italy passes as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Sorry did I understand it right, you have some one country pass for France and some passes for Italy? Why did you not buy an global pass wich is valid in hole europe? 

Hi Angelo

I did tried to purchase Global pass, but they issued individual passes seperately for France and Italy. Also I’m planning to see only this 2 countries

Regards

Nanda

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I did tried to purchase Global pass, but they issued individual passes seperately for France and Italy. Also I’m planning to see only this 2 countries

That is very strange. The other strange thing is the screenshot of the France pass you posted: 1 day in 1 month. Such a pass should not exist! This looks like an issuing error.

Did you pay the price for a global pass?

Are you planning to use your pass in France for only one day?

How many travel days does your Italy pass have?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi 

Please find attached screenshot as i booked pass for france and italy separately 

Hi, I removed this screenshot as you shared your pass number in it, which should remain confidential to avoid fraud. Where did you try purchasing you pass? Was it at a shop?

Currently, as you have 2 one country passes, you cannot use it to cross the French and Italian borders. However you can try to book point to point tickets just to cross the border but I would first suggest to reach your point of sale where your purchased your pass to understand why they gave you 2 once country passes instead of a global pass. I hope this helps! Cheers,

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Currently, as you have 2 one country passes, you cannot use it to cross the French and Italian borders.

As far as I know that is incorrect, since one country passes are valid until the border (border tariff point) and if you pass the French-Italian border, you will have continuous pass coverage.

Still, the French pass (1 day in 1 month) looks very strange and should not exist.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Currently, as you have 2 one country passes, you cannot use it to cross the French and Italian borders.

As far as I know that is incorrect, since one country passes are valid until the border (border tariff point) and if you pass the French-Italian border, you will have continuous pass coverage.

Still, the French pass (1 day in 1 month) looks very strange and should not exist.

There is no French-Italian partial fare (border tariff point) for these one country passes. Some partial fare exist for other borders but not for this one.

Regarding the 1 day within 1 month validity, it exists for the Eurail France One Country pass for overseas sales.

Cheers,

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no French-Italian partial fare (border tariff point) for these one country passes. Some partial fare exist for other borders but not for this one.

You could always use regional trains to cross the border (although that is not the case in the schedule shown above).

It also depends on what the exact conditions are. Sometimes, a global pass is required explicitly (i.e. for Eurostar), but often, it is enough to have one or more passes so that the entire route is covered (i.e. for Thalys).

In this case though, a pass for France seems to suffice, as Belgian railways point out in their tariff info. So that means in fact that booking Paris - Milan should be possible with a Eurail France pass. Milan - Rome can then be booked separately.