Solved

Spain, Denmark, Sweden and Norway with Interrail

• 1 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello, I have residence in Poland but I want to start my trip in Madrid with an Interrail ticket. My plan is to travel through Denmark, Sweden and Norway. Then I want to go back to Madrid and finally go to Warsaw, Poland. Is this possible with the Interrail pass? I want to buy the 10/15 day one in 2 months.

Also, where can I see the train connections?

icon

Best answer by Camilo. 1 December 2022, 16:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Tak, yes, ja, can do.

The only limit on this pass (whatever type-global) is that in your HOME country (your name does not look very polish) you can only use 2 traveldays at the MAX-though of course for most that is start=OUT and end=IN, but thats not perse needed like that. AND if your passpt is from another country as where you claim to live, you must have proof for that-in the rare cases this is even checked. Like if you happen to be swedish and travel a lot there-they may see that name and ask more and check that you are not going over that limit.

Forget that app for checking times-its too often out of date. Best is-no need to even ask-those of the country railways you are in, next best as it covers most of EUR and also gives good info-bahn.com (german railways). As always-ESpana is a bit of exception and needs more expertise. Also-as by now many want to plan far too long ahead: trains are not planes that give easily timings for next yr-trains not-they are too afraid that they have to inform you about tiny changes and claims-for global planning (as to what time, what changes etc, where trains go) simply use a random same day of week after 11/12.

If any more specific questions or problems arise, come back-but give then precise info-there is a set of dedicated and very knowledgeable self-made experts who have seen&done it all.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Bárbara Fredericksen 

Yes, you can use the Interrail Pass for this journey. If you can proof your residence in Poland with an official document, you can choose Poland as your country of residence. This means, you would have 2 journeys allowed within Poland. For more info, click here. 

Regarding seat reservations: In Spain, you would have to make the seat reservations direct at the train station in Spain. There is an interesting Post on how to make reservations in Spain, but keep in mind that most of these options are not 100% confirmed.

For the rest, it depends on the route and the time you are planning to spend travelling. If you let me know the date, time and destinations, I can check it for you. 

Have a lovely day! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

​​​Regarding seat reservations: In Spain, you would have to make the seat reservations direct at the train station in Spain.

The are also a few other possibilities:

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @rvdborgt 

Sorry for not adding this useful information. I am going to suggest it in my reply indicating that most of the options are not 100% confirmed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

​​​​ Sorry for not adding this useful information. I am going to suggest it in my reply indicating that most of the options are not 100% confirmed. 

AFAIK only the option in Portugal is not confirmed.