Solved

Taking a screenshot of the ticket

• 28 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I should explain two things:
(a) My wife and I know precisely which trains we plan to take for our trip.

(b) When we travel overseas we like to have both belt and braces.  So in the past we have always had both of our tickets on each of our phones and also have had printed copies.

Will this work as a plan for our trip which involve seven days of travel.

Some time before we travel we will activate our passes and put each of our own tickets onto our respective passes.

We will then take screenshots of each of our tickets which we will then ensure are put on BOTH of our phones.

We will also have make printouts of the screenshots of the tickets.

Then as security against something going wrong and having to change our plans, we will deactivate the passes, and we will then reactivate them much closer to the time of travel and this time input the tickets for real.

Peter

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 28 March 2024, 19:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Screenshots of the QR code from the Railplanner app is not a valid ticket. But if one of you looses your phone you can transfer the Eurail pass to the other phone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In addition, printouts of screenshots of your QR codes are useless.

To make sure you have a valid QR code, activate a travel day when you have good internet, e.g. at the place where you're staying or at the station before you board the first train of the day. Also immediately generate the QR code by tapping on "Show ticket” after adding the first train of the day. After that, you don't need internet anymore for the rest of the day. If reception is bad, then it may take several minutes to show the barcode. However it will show immediately if you turn on airplane mode, provided you generated the QR code earlier.