Solved

Ticket and diary seperate or glue it together?

Hello, i bought the interrail in a ticket station.

I got 2 Papers One Diary and one ticket where i have to write the dates. On the dairy it says “attach” ticket here. What  does it mean? Can i just have this two sepeare documents or do i have to glue it on?

icon

Best answer by Al_G 24 June 2022, 19:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The ticket and the cover are both required to be a valid Interrail pass.

Normally they are stapled together.

yeah, but they did not stapled together… what should i do now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Genau-so isses. Was it DB or some private Büro? But perhaps it has to do with 2 covers-I assume you have pass for very long time, more as 1 month (I do too-from the sale, for 3 month-same thing, but it was stapled to cover-in fact official rules even tell it has to be done!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

They are intended to be attached and it is possible you could encounter a particularly officious ticket examiner who would take issue with them being separate,

In that situation I would just staple it myself, as they need to be presented together and it will just draw attention for yours to look non-standard.

This is what they typically look like, 1 or 2 staples on the extreme left of the pass with the ticket attached above the travel diary section so it can be folded up together without creasing the ticket.

https://rail.cc/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/08/interrail-pass.jpg

It was DB. A 4 Day Global pass for next week

But i got also a Cover with two foils. So i thought first this is normal  ( one foil the pass and the diary on the other)